Windows 10: System sounds not working

Discus and support System sounds not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _Enyo_, Mar 18, 2023.

1. _Enyo_ Win User

System sounds not working

Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme sounds been phased out? I've tried to follow a bunch of online guides to both turn on system sounds and to get the Calligraphy sounds, however apparently they just don't exist.

:)

_Enyo_, Mar 18, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue System sounds not working :p

cadaveca, Mar 18, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 18, 2023
  4. System sounds not working

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

System sounds not working

1. System sounds not working - Similar Threads - System sounds working

2. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  3. System sounds don’t and work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds don’t and work.: If system dialog appears, there is no system sound. But they don’t play not only on system dialogs – also when I press NUM Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock there is the feature to set sound accompaniments by pressing those keys in accessibility settings. System sounds are playing...
  4. System sounds don’t and work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds don’t and work.: If system dialog appears, there is no system sound. But they don’t play not only on system dialogs – also when I press NUM Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock there is the feature to set sound accompaniments by pressing those keys in accessibility settings. System sounds are playing...
  5. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  6. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  7. Sound System Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...
  8. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  9. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  10. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...