Windows 10: System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working

Discus and support System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While upgrading from windows 7 32bit to windows 10 32bit, the upgrade went off with out an issue. However, when the user was attempting to play audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Malikigh, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Malikigh Win User

System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working

While upgrading from windows 7 32bit to windows 10 32bit, the upgrade went off with out an issue. However, when the user was attempting to play audio from PC nothing would play.

I checked the device manager and there where no audio drivers so I went ahead and installed the drivers from the manufacturers website. By the way this is a Dell Optiplex 3040.

Once I installed the Device driver I was able to pull up the volume mixer but now System Sounds will not populate nor any other applications

System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working c267da73-e09f-4f1c-999f-b12bfe566706?upload=true.png

Is there anyway to fix this issue without reverting back to windows 7?

:)

Malikigh, Aug 24, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 24, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working :p

cadaveca, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. System Sounds or any other applications sounds not working - Similar Threads - System Sounds applications

2. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  3. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  4. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  5. System sounds not working

System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  6. System and applications sound issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    System and applications sound issue: Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds...
  7. Voice Recorder doesn't work when any other application with sound is open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recorder doesn't work when any other application with sound is open: does anyone know a fix for this? I can't use the app if I'm playing games or watching videos or anything like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-doesnt-work-when-any-other/0c759aed-e244-4e67-9c54-71ebbc8cc9fd
  8. System sounds play, but application sound does not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  9. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...
  10. Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application

Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application: Hi there Never had this error before -- Audio works perfectly for Windows sounds etc - but no sound for ANY application (VLC / Winamp etc etc). Only happened today -- I haven't done anything to the system. Build 9926. Settings are correct for applications etc,...