Windows 10: System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume

Discus and support System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically when I listen to music through foobar2000, winamp, any audio player, windows sort of regulates my volume if any other program makes a sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahorror, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ahorror Win User

System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume

Basically when I listen to music through foobar2000, winamp, any audio player, windows sort of regulates my volume if any other program makes a sound. System sound rings? Music volume lowers. Watching a video on youtube or any other service, music volume lowers, playing a game? Music lowers.

This problem has persisted through 2 entirely new computers, the only thing remaining consistent is my AV receiver. 2 different brand video cards as well (monitor is hooked into receiver hdmi out, and then video card goes into receiver hdmi input) so both AMD and Nvidia have done this to me so far. I don't recalled if this was an issue before the receiver, it's been way too long.

It was also like this in W7 and now W10.

I find it weird that this isn't a problem when I use headphones. Only my receiver. I've never had this happen with any other component though (blu ray player, ps4, xbox1 , 360, etc). I've also listened to music on those devices and played a game or w/e and it doesn't happen.

It really seems like a windows issue or driver problem, I don't understand how it can't be fixed.

Usually these are the go to things -

System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume [​IMG]

The BenQ is the monitor connecting to the receiver, other is my headset.
    So I figured I'd ask for help here, there's entire articles dedicated to selecting "Do Nothing" in the Sound Communications tab to stop this problem. Getting tired of reading them.

Thanks!

:)

ahorror, Jul 4, 2016

2. Volume decreases on Groove music when the app is minimized during Skype call in Windows 10

Original Title: Lowering of Volume of Music during Skype Calls

Currently using windows 10, did not have this problem before. I'm using the Groove app on windows 10 to play my music right now, and when I'm in a skype call, it only lowers the volume when I minimize the Groove window. I've tried the remedy of going to
    sounds --> communications and selecting "Do nothing" but for some reason, it still lowers the volume substantially whenever I minimize Groove. Interestingly enough, if I select lower by 50%, there's less of a change in volume than if I select "Do nothing".
    Is this some bug in a new update or something? Or is there some other option I can tinker with?

cantabile_l, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 notification sound volume (Adjust)

lowering the system sound volume does not lower the notification volume! It should, but it doesn't.

An enemy of anemone, Jul 4, 2016
  4. ahorror Win User

I supposed this just isn't fixable.

ahorror, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

1. System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume - Similar Threads - System Sounds apps

2. The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/r4f43l_gu3rr3r0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqshrm/the_speakers_reproduce_sounds_at_a_lowered_volume/
  3. game automatically lowers my volume (kinda like focuses on the game volume

game automatically lowers my volume (kinda like focuses on the game volume: how do I turn it off? im trying to listen to muaic through YouTube and can barely hear it, I'm using the g433 through usb submitted by /u/gnomer_the_gnome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knwg2v/game_automatically_lowers_my_volume_kinda_like/
  4. How lower the sound volume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How lower the sound volume?: Hello every one: Every time reboot the w10, the small speaker icon in the right bottom tray indicates the volume 80%. it is really too high for me. How can I fix it to a lower value? say 40%. Thanks! --- Zhao...
  5. Sound mixer lowers my applications volume

Sound mixer lowers my applications volume: When i start a game somewhere while im on discord or internet , the sound on mixer starts oscillating and sometimes it gets really low so i need to go to the mixer and up the volume of one app to hear it better. Does anyone know what i have to deactivate or do to remove that...
  6. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.: As the title says. Windows is for some reason lowering my microphone input volume. I have no idea when this error started to occur but it's super annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this? submitted by /u/JetCypress [link] [comments]...
  7. System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.: Good evening. I used Skype everyday on Windows 8 and Ubuntu, and I was used to configure the system to not do nothing with sound volume while on a Skype call. However a month ago I bought a new Dell laptop which has Windows 10 installed. As usual, I went in sound...
  8. Issue with Music lowering while other sound is present while at 100%

Issue with Music lowering while other sound is present while at 100%: Hi, Having a very specific and odd issue I have never ran across before on windows. Whenever I am playing music, either on Spotify, Soundcloud, or VLC player and the volume within the player is set to 100%, as soon as another sound happens (such as someone stalking in...
  9. Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking: How to: Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking How to Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a...
  10. Sound problem - volume lowered at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem - volume lowered at startup: No matter what I do the volume setting is always lowered at startup. I hope there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Could it be a Realtek setting/problem? Any ideas? 27379