Windows 10: System sounds Output to device other than Default

Discus and support System sounds Output to device other than Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkDrajeske, Apr 2, 2020.

1. System sounds Output to device other than Default

The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other thanDefault. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or care about system alerts/sounds going to the headset. I always want System sounds to go to speakers vital to hear the ring tone associated with an incoming call !. It would be a perfect use of the options on this settings dialog.

Why can't I set System sounds Output device to something other than the current Default? Am I missing something? If not, this is a poor design choice and really needs to be fixed.

:)

MarkDrajeske, Apr 2, 2020
  2. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Apr 2, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

System sounds Output to device other than Default

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

System sounds Output to device other than Default

1. System sounds Output to device other than Default - Similar Threads - System sounds Output

2. Sound output device on system tray does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output device on system tray does not show: Using Win11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 If I click the sound icon on the system tray and then click the "select a sound output" button next to the volume, the pane that is displayed does not show the output devices I have see image. Any idea how to fix this or is this...
  3. Sound output device on system tray does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output device on system tray does not show: Using Win11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 If I click the sound icon on the system tray and then click the "select a sound output" button next to the volume, the pane that is displayed does not show the output devices I have see image. Any idea how to fix this or is this...
  4. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  5. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgda83/is_it_possible_to_change_output_device_for_system/
  6. No output sound devices on system after updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No output sound devices on system after updates?: What happened to the Audio Driver after the Windows update 10. I am unsure how to reinstall the Realtek Audio? I think? Says there is no output devices installed?...
  7. No Sound No Output device

No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...
  8. App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?: [ATTACH] Hi! I'm trying to get the output to my wave link mixer but no options would show up for system sounds, the rest of the apps like Chrome, Discord and all of that lets me change the output and inputs, system sounds only gives me "default" Is there a fix for this?...
  9. The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.: In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output device other than the default device for my app. I closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect. Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I launched the...
  10. Default sound output

Default sound output: I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I...