Windows 10: "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug

Discus and support "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are inconsistencies with the "system sounds" volume being changed. This might be something to do with the realtek driver. I would appreciate some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James Seabrook, Aug 3, 2021.

1. "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug

There are inconsistencies with the "system sounds" volume being changed. This might be something to do with the realtek driver. I would appreciate some help on how this can be fixed. Please see the conditions below.1. If the master volume controller is used on its own the system sounds are changed automatically to 100%.Behaviour of "system sounds" is not correct.2. Using the volume mixer, the system sounds is fine.Behaviour of "system sounds" is correct.3. If the master feedback is used in conjunction with the settings in app volume device preferences open as shown below even minimized, the

:)

James Seabrook, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Bazz Win User

System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

I've turned off system sounds for this very reason.

Bazz, Aug 3, 2021
  3. System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

I'd like my system sounds slider to stay at 10% of the overall volume. All other volume settings seem to stick. Windows rememebers my overall / winamp / browser etc. volume just fine. Only the system sounds revert to EAR-SPLITTINGLY LOUD at seemingly random times. Sometimes after a restart (but not every time), sometimes in the middle of a Windows session. Is this a known Win10 bug?

Tastentier, Aug 3, 2021
  4. "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug

"System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

It still resets to max volume upon notification, but only when the "App volume and device preferences" window is no longer open. (just like the mixer)

If the "App volume and device preferences" windows stays open, the "system sounds" volume does not max out upon notification.

Ocean Skye, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

"System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug

1. "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug - Similar Threads - System Sounds volume

2. seems like a dumb system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seems like a dumb system: I am not sure what these MS guys are thinking. The "e" key occassionally increasingly so does not function on this machine. I need to use an e in the password to open the machine. I followed the steps to change the password-but all I changed was the PW to my microsoft...
  3. Abnormal condition of PC Master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Abnormal condition of PC Master volume: My laptop is DELL Latitude 3460, with windows 10 installed. my speaker automatically keeps on toggling mute and unmute itself intermittently and on a frequent basis. Its quite annoying to work on the pc with this abnormality. i also checked my drivers which are upto date. I...
  4. increasing the sound volume on the system

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the sound volume on the system: How can I turn up the sound... volume on my computer... all seems to be at full but still not loud enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-the-sound-volume-on-the-system/68e232ef-96a9-4079-bef3-203b45276205
  5. System uptime being reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System uptime being reset: I know that in Windows 10, the uptime counter is reset after a restart, but from a few weeks, when I switch on my laptop, the uptime is being reset.It doesn't happen every time, but I've observed it 3 times this week.And also I have an SSD, and when I turn the laptop on, it...
  6. System Sound but it's low volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  7. Only certain system sounds are working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only certain system sounds are working: Hello, I am trying to use custom system sounds, but only certain system sounds are playing. Specifically the system sounds that by default have sounds set to them. Things like maximize, minimize, restore down, etc, that don't by default have sounds, are not working when I set...
  8. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

"System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.: I keep my "system sounds" at a low volume but not muted via the "volume mixer" when i get a notification, the "system sounds" slider resets back to 100%. only while the mixer is closed, not when opened and all system sounds become painfully loud, and a pet bird was startled...
  9. monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions

monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions: Hi, I got a color shifting problem. The colors of my entire screen switch suddenly to a greener\ yellowish tint most of the time. I bought recently a new screen and because of a hardware issue I got it changed already I had some lines showing up on the first screen but the...
  10. System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%: I'd like my system sounds slider to stay at 10% of the overall volume. All other volume settings seem to stick. Windows rememebers my overall / winamp / browser etc. volume just fine. Only the system sounds revert to EAR-SPLITTINGLY LOUD at seemingly random times. Sometimes...