Windows 10: System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004

Discus and support System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, since the 2004 update I have this issue the volume of system sounds resets to max value of the speaker. Every other app so far is working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hououin Kyouma, Sep 12, 2020.

1. System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004

Hello,

since the 2004 update I have this issue the volume of system sounds resets to max value of the speaker. Every other app so far is working fine. Only System Sounds has this issue.

The following I've tried does not work at all:
    -Set the volume via the volume mixer
    -Set the volume via the new Windows 10 settings menu
    -Tried to not only lower the volume, but also to mute it
    -Uninstalled and reinstalled speaker driver
    -Disabled the exclusive mode, where apps can control the speaker

Workarounds that do work, but is not a real solution:
    -Open and never close the volume mixer -> System Sounds will stay with the volume I've set
    -Set the theme to "no sounds" -> System sounds at least is muted

So in total this is a really annoying issue. I've not had this issue in 1909, so please fix it again.
    BTW: I'm not the only one who has this or similar issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/igd6gs/system_volume_resets_back_to_default_even_though/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/id55il/volume_mixer_forgets_settings_volume_level_for/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/i80kfe/volume_lowers_randomly_tried_everything_but_no/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/i8pfsm/windows_10_2004_app_volume_adjustment_bug/

:)

Hououin Kyouma, Sep 12, 2020

2. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

Also, while in that "App volume and device preferences" I went ahead and tried the "Reset to the Microsoft Recommended Defaults". All that seemed to do was, max out all 2 sliders (Master Volume) and (System Sounds).
    No effect on behavior.

Ocean Skye, Sep 12, 2020
  3. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

It still resets to max volume upon notification, but only when the "App volume and device preferences" window is no longer open. (just like the mixer)

If the "App volume and device preferences" windows stays open, the "system sounds" volume does not max out upon notification.

Ocean Skye, Sep 12, 2020
  4. System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004

"System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

the system sound volume stops maxing out and other system sounds remain at an acceptable volume, but I stop hearing all notification sounds, including the ones I want to hear (just more quietly), hence my idea about editing all the sounds to be quieter even
    at max volume.

Ocean Skye, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004

1. System Sounds volume resets to max default value Win10 2004 - Similar Threads - System Sounds volume

2. Input volume always resetting to 0 value

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input volume always resetting to 0 value: Hello everyon,I got a problem on Windows 11. I have an headphone with mic. But every time I went to a meeting no one can hear me. And when I check my mic setting the volume is around 0 ! I alway should fixe 100 but the volume decreases by itself !How can i fixe it by 100 ?...
  3. Input volume always resetting to 0 value

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input volume always resetting to 0 value: Hello everyon,I got a problem on Windows 11. I have an headphone with mic. But every time I went to a meeting no one can hear me. And when I check my mic setting the volume is around 0 ! I alway should fixe 100 but the volume decreases by itself !How can i fixe it by 100 ?...
  4. Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values): I was using older Win like XP, 7, 8 but now with 10, I suddenly have this problem. When I plug the microphone, it asks me if that was a microphone, and obviously I said yes. After noticing that the sensibility was extremely low I went to the settings (just like I did with...
  5. System sounds unmutes themselves and volume maxes out

System sounds unmutes themselves and volume maxes out: I ran into a lot of issues last month, after being forced to update my windows version. Every time I take a screenshot, or get a notification, I always get those annoying sounds, so I mute system sounds. After closing Volume Mixer, System Sounds unmute themselves and also...
  6. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.: I keep my "system sounds" at a low volume but not muted via the "volume mixer" when i get a notification, the "system sounds" slider resets back to 100%. only while the mixer is closed, not when opened and all system sounds become painfully loud, and a pet bird was startled...
  7. Remove Max volume sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remove Max volume sound: Hi, Every time i set the sound volume to max on my computer it start playing an annoying sound that i reached max. I use several audio sources and have volume controllers on both the browser, computer and the speaker. But as soon as i get over 90+ it just repeat the same...
  8. edge volume in sound manager resets to default

edge volume in sound manager resets to default: submitted by /u/Middle__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emjy4u/edge_volume_in_sound_manager_resets_to_default/
  9. Sound volume resets to max without user action; cannot maintain setting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume resets to max without user action; cannot maintain setting.: Sound volume intermittently resets to max without user action; cannot maintain setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-volume-resets-to-max-without-user-action/8374c856-f491-494b-bdd0-3f99938ac22f
  10. System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%: I'd like my system sounds slider to stay at 10% of the overall volume. All other volume settings seem to stick. Windows rememebers my overall / winamp / browser etc. volume just fine. Only the system sounds revert to EAR-SPLITTINGLY LOUD at seemingly random times. Sometimes...