Windows 10: System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning?

Discus and support System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't understand why the desktop storage is showing tantamount usage of storage despite cleaning all the files that I did not need on the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by userware_442, Dec 22, 2019.

1. System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning?

I don't understand why the desktop storage is showing tantamount usage of storage despite cleaning all the files that I did not need on the desktop space. Also, opening the Apps & Games directory shows a lot of files that do not add up to the specified amount shown. I went on disk cleanup and none of the files showed any noticeable amounts of data being used. System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning? 2df983ef-38e7-4e4f-9119-34ab30b46112?upload=true.png

:)

userware_442, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Dec 22, 2019
  3. storage space

need to free up storage space for an update tried disk clean up, system file clean up, compress files.

any suggestions?

michellecole2, Dec 22, 2019
  4. System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning?

Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning? [​IMG]

joeypent69, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning?

1. System storage shows desktop accumulating a lot of space after cleaning? - Similar Threads - System storage shows

2. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  3. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  4. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  5. Windows Storage Space shows a lot less room on my space than I am using!

Windows Storage Space shows a lot less room on my space than I am using!: I had a 8 drive pool, each drive was 6 TB. I have two 6 drive enclosures and since I cannot change the cluster size I could not expand my pool to 12 drives. So I moved data and now I have two 6 drive pools goal is that if an enclosure fails I can just switch my most important...
  6. How to clean storage space without resetting

How to clean storage space without resetting: how do I clean the disk I don't have any big apps installed on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-storage-space-without-resetting/107d8da4-2352-489c-8d66-2feb7538c026
  7. Windows Storage Spaces showing warning

Windows Storage Spaces showing warning: HiMy Windows Storage Spaces is showing a warning for low capacity. This is despite there being 11.2TB freeHow do i get rid of this alertSystems InfoWindows 10 Pro for Workstations10.0.19042 Build 19042...
  8. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  9. Show storage space in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show storage space in This PC: I am really missing the ability to easily see how much storage space is left on each of my drives. Why is this not easily seen just by opening "This PC" like it was in Windows 7. It seems like I have to click on properties in order to see disk usage. Any way to get around...
  10. A lot of issues after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of issues after a clean install: Hey guys, I did a clean install of 10240 this weekend and at first I had a problem: It was only seeing 9.97GB of RAM out of 12 but I can live with that. But now some programs take over 10 minutes to start and the file explorer stops working when I try to left click on...