Windows 10: system stuck

Discus and support system stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am keep getting message like- "please wait while your windows file and settings are being restored System restore is initializing......" my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrakharGupta2, May 21, 2020.

1. system stuck

i am keep getting message like- "please wait while your windows file and settings are being restored System restore is initializing......" my laptop stuck in windows recovery page from 7-8 hours please help me...

:)

PrakharGupta2, May 21, 2020

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 21, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 21, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

system stuck

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 21, 2020
Thema:

system stuck

1. system stuck - Similar Threads - system stuck

2. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  3. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  4. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  7. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  8. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  9. How to update Windows 10 22H2 version. System is stuck on 1709.

How to update Windows 10 22H2 version. System is stuck on 1709.: 1. Windows 10 22H2 UPDATE Error codes:- 0X800700c1, 0X80246007,0X802400342. Attempted DISM -failed. -DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth-DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth-DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. How to update Windows 10 22H2 version. System is stuck on 1709.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to update Windows 10 22H2 version. System is stuck on 1709.: 1. Windows 10 22H2 UPDATE Error codes:- 0X800700c1, 0X80246007,0X802400342. Attempted DISM -failed. -DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth-DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth-DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...