Windows 10: System Stuttering Across All Apps

Discus and support System Stuttering Across All Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After various amateur attempts at identifying the problem and two clean installs (updating all drivers each time), my 5 year old Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianAllan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. System Stuttering Across All Apps

After various amateur attempts at identifying the problem and two clean installs (updating all drivers each time), my 5 year old Windows 10 PC continues to have performance problems across all apps, including those it had no problem tackling in the past such as GMS2 and Premiere Pro. Even playing back YouTube videos stutters if it's at any resolution above 480p. CPU, GPU and RAM usage all seem to be at stable levels (less than 40%) every time this problem occurs. I'm at my wits end with this freezing issue as it severely hinders productivity in video editing/game design apps, I'd really appreciate help trying to figure this out!

Regards,

Christian

Hardware:

Asrock Z97 Pro3

Intel Core i5 4460 3.2 Ghz

HyperX Fury DDR3 16GB (2x 8GB)

Sapphire - Radeon RX 480 4 GB NITRO+

:)

ChristianAllan, Feb 13, 2019

2. Laptop stutter

Hi,

To further assist you about your laptop being stutter, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to your device. You may refer to this

link
    for the steps.

Also, make sure that all pending system updates are applied to your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 13, 2019
  3. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Feb 13, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

System Stuttering Across All Apps

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

System Stuttering Across All Apps

1. System Stuttering Across All Apps - Similar Threads - System Stuttering Across

2. Stuttering all beit random on system while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering all beit random on system while gaming: This has been happening for about 2-3 months now, I will get a stutter followed by another stutter maybe 500 ms later and then game will go back to normal for about 30-45 minutes and then it will happen again. This happened on my prior system as well. I have changed every...
  3. Stuttering all beit random on system while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering all beit random on system while gaming: This has been happening for about 2-3 months now, I will get a stutter followed by another stutter maybe 500 ms later and then game will go back to normal for about 30-45 minutes and then it will happen again. This happened on my prior system as well. I have changed every...
  4. All apps and system apps are not woking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All apps and system apps are not woking: Hello there, I downloaded a file on my pc but it was not opening so I tried opening it with win rar through windows Store now all my apps and system files are not opening and thier logos have been replaced by winrar...with the ink extension I tried deleting winrar but now the...
  5. All apps and system apps are not woking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps and system apps are not woking: Hello there, I downloaded a file on my pc but it was not opening so I tried opening it with win rar through windows Store now all my apps and system files are not opening and thier logos have been replaced by winrar...with the ink extension I tried deleting winrar but now the...
  6. Stutter of the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stutter of the system: Hello. I have such a problem that after turning on the computer and sometimes during, the system freezes for 1 second and then returns to normal. I have no idea what it is caused by, I tried to reset windows 10 but it did not fix...
  7. Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

Don't want apps shared across all accounts.: I have multiple local accounts 1 admin, 2 standard with apps installed in these accounts. I installed various apps across these different accounts wanting them to be used only if I logged in through that particular account. Instead I am getting these apps shared across all...
  8. Ugly Video Playback across all the apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ugly Video Playback across all the apps: I'm using Legion Y540 i5-9300H, GTX1650, 8GB RAM and Windows 1909. Everything was fine till yesterday but now the video playback is utter trash. The videos lack saturation and contrast and are oversharp. This is happening in all the apps including MPC-HC, PotPlayer, inbuilt...
  9. Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.

Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.: Hey community, I need some help. My business is using the Windows Mail app to access three shared company email accounts accessed by six or seven different devices simultaneously. Previously, things were working very well, but recently my boss and I have noticed that if...
  10. Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.: Hi. After i upgraded to win10 i've encountered a problem i can't seem to figure out what is causing it. This happens on youtube in firefox, on twitch in opera and in vlc playing local files (all apps are latest version) But it's not a constant issue, it's intermittent. So...