Windows 10: System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

Discus and support System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the new update (I forgot the name, but it's big update around 12 June), When I'm using 'Optimise Drives', the system takes a lot of disk usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by huda207, Jun 13, 2019.

1. huda207 Win User

System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

After the new update (I forgot the name, but it's big update around 12 June), When I'm using 'Optimise Drives', the system takes a lot of disk usage (around 95%), optimise drives service low (0.1~0.5%).

Before new update, usually the optimise drives service is have high disk usages.

*I already set Optimise Drives services priority to High & affinity to all processor.

*I'm sorry if it's actually normal, but usually when I check in task manager, optimise drive service have high disk usage

* I don't know where to put this question on which topic, so I choose the one with performance

:)

huda207, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 100% disk usage problem

Hi Jae,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.
    Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 8.1, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details tab.
    • Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".
    • From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.
    • Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.
    • Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.
    Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 100% Disk Usage on startup.

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.
    Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 8.1, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details tab.
    • Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".
    • From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.
    • Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.
    • Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.

Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2019
  4. System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

1. System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive - Similar Threads - System takes lots

2. 100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage: My "system" in the task manager has been causing a lot of disk usage to the point that my screen goes frozen, specifically I'm getting 100% disk usageSystem randomly goes to 20% - 80% disk usage, no reason said whyThis never happened before, but until updating my pc, I am...
  3. Process named "System" takes enormous amounts of disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process named "System" takes enormous amounts of disk usage: This just appeared out of the blue while I was playing a game, and I've been noticing that I have been experiencing more stutters than anticipated, I know I don't have that much memory with me 8 GB but when I checked out the Task Manager, it showed up that a process named...
  4. Process named "System" takes enormous amounts of disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Process named "System" takes enormous amounts of disk usage: This just appeared out of the blue while I was playing a game, and I've been noticing that I have been experiencing more stutters than anticipated, I know I don't have that much memory with me 8 GB but when I checked out the Task Manager, it showed up that a process named...
  5. System takes up 100% of disk usage and freezes the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System takes up 100% of disk usage and freezes the screen: Hi everyone,My laptop was running fine for a few months but recently I noticed it sometimes frame drops down to 0 while I'm playing game or even doing light task. At first it was quite rare and only happens for a sec or 2 but so I didn't think much of it, but now it happen...
  6. System takes up 100% of disk usage and freezes the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System takes up 100% of disk usage and freezes the screen: Hi everyone,My laptop was running fine for a few months but recently I noticed it sometimes frame drops down to 0 while I'm playing game or even doing light task. At first it was quite rare and only happens for a sec or 2 but so I didn't think much of it, but now it happen...
  7. System takes up 100% of disk usage and freezes the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 100% disk usage even when I have lots of disk space

100% disk usage even when I have lots of disk space: My task manager is constantly at 100 percent disk, and it really effects performance. I have lots of disk space so why is this a problem? It's really annoying, sometimes I get a bit of time where it's at 30 percent or so but then it goes back up to 100%. I've had this problem...
  9. Lots of lots of lots disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lots of lots of lots disk usage: Hi I have 16gb memory. Running applications: Delphi xe10.2 Android + emulator eclipse + java Firefox Performance shows around 8gb memory taken. Still, when moving (back) to eclipse (for example), there is a lot of disk usage (swapping I guess) and eclipse is showing first...
  10. optimizing hard disk drive

optimizing hard disk drive: I am able to optimize the windows (c) hard disk drive with the utility in the control panel. It does not work with the system hard disk drive which is 100% fragmented. Is this a problem and how do I fix it? I sometimes experience a momentary blue screen when computer exits...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does optimizing disk drive cause high disk activivity