Windows 10: System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

Discus and support System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's been a few months since I started realizing this problem.The problem:When I stop using my laptop, then after a few minutes the fan starts to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hrithik Shet, Sep 27, 2022.

1. System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

It's been a few months since I started realizing this problem.The problem:When I stop using my laptop, then after a few minutes the fan starts to get very, very loud. Then I would quickly open Task Manager to see what's going on, and all the time processes like Antimalware Service Executable or System are using much CPU. And it also happens when there is no application running in the foreground. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Hrithik Shet, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Gino Des Win User
    System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

1. System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes. - Similar Threads - System takes too

2. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  3. System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.: It's been a few months since I started realizing this problem.The problem:When I stop using my laptop, then after a few minutes the fan starts to get very, very loud. Then I would quickly open Task Manager to see what's going on, and all the time processes like Antimalware...
  4. System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System takes up too much CPU when i move away from my laptop for like 5 minutes.: It's been a few months since I started realizing this problem.The problem:When I stop using my laptop, then after a few minutes the fan starts to get very, very loud. Then I would quickly open Task Manager to see what's going on, and all the time processes like Antimalware...
  5. system and MS defender taking too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system and MS defender taking too much ram and cpu: system and defender take too much ram and cpu without any reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-ms-defender-taking-too-much-ram-and-cpu/b71c9945-f610-4f28-ba3b-49a1b60c6b8c
  6. system and MS defender taking too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system and MS defender taking too much ram and cpu: system and defender take too much ram and cpu without any reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-ms-defender-taking-too-much-ram-and-cpu/b71c9945-f610-4f28-ba3b-49a1b60c6b8c
  7. system and MS defender taking too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. System Files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  9. Various processes taking up too much cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various processes taking up too much cpu: Hi! I have had a problem for a while now where a couple of processes is taking up too much CPU usage. My computer specs: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 8.00 GB ram Windows 10 64bit Here is a screenshot of my task manager: [ATTACH] This...
  10. my laptop taking too much time for booting like 5 to 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop taking too much time for booting like 5 to 10 minutes: my laptop taking too much time for booting like 5 to 10 minutes before that it just took 10 to 15 seconds . This problem start from when java wizard automatically uninstall previous version ant it was taken 1 hour still it not install ,so i directly turn off my laptop from...