Windows 10: System Taking up 60GB

Discus and support System Taking up 60GB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to free up some storage to download Battlefront II, and I noticed that the system is using a huge amount of space. Upon looking at it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tails618, Jan 20, 2021.

1. System Taking up 60GB

I was trying to free up some storage to download Battlefront II, and I noticed that the system is using a huge amount of space. Upon looking at it in settings, it appears to be using over 60GBs - is this normal? It seems quite excessive.

Screenshots

submitted by /u/tails618
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tails618, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 20, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 20, 2021
  4. System Taking up 60GB

flare 60gb hard drive

i hooked up a new flare 60gb hard drive usb to system and it is only showing 7.5 gb when it is a 60 gb how to fix

ShaunDougherty, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

System Taking up 60GB

1. System Taking up 60GB - Similar Threads - System Taking 60GB

2. System is taking up 429GB of space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System is taking up 429GB of space.: Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough space for working. I haven't installed any apps recently and I kept deleting or moving files to my external hard disk, but the...
  3. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...: Hi All,In my system System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent creating these folders and files...
  4. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...: Hi All,In my system System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent creating these folders and files...
  5. System Volume Information and hiberfil , pagefile taking more than 60GB , How to prevent...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking up 994GB???: [ATTACH] My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked storage today and out of my 2TB SSD i have ~700gb left..so i went to apps and uninstalled a few that I've forgot about or don't...
  7. System taking up 500gb of space

System taking up 500gb of space: [ATTACH] Pretty simple. Is this normal? If not what can I do to reduce the space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-taking-up-500gb-of-space/d80b4ffd-631a-41bb-8f21-a773a1a14568
  8. System Files takings up 905GB

System Files takings up 905GB: [IMG]I dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-takings-up-905gb/f4485963-5694-4758-85b9-887ece57327f
  9. System files taking up 200gb

in Windows 10 Customization
    System files taking up 200gb: My system files is taking up 200gb and I don't know where it's coming from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-taking-up-200gb/588f5189-a89c-4560-b56e-533730e4ed47
  10. System is taking up 400GB of space.

System is taking up 400GB of space.: Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't...