Windows 10: System Taking up Way more Than Normal

Discus and support System Taking up Way more Than Normal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarkRose18242, May 2, 2020.

1. System Taking up Way more Than Normal

Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong.

After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes.

Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal.

After a few hours its taking up 45 gigabytes. What is happening and how am i able to fix this.

Specs And info:

Lenovo IdeaPad 320 MX150 Version

Windows 10 1909

1tb HDD System Taking up Way more Than Normal :D Drive

128gb SSD C: Drive

if any more info is needed just tell me.

:)

DarkRose18242, May 2, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 2, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 2, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

System Taking up Way more Than Normal

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2020
Thema:

System Taking up Way more Than Normal

1. System Taking up Way more Than Normal - Similar Threads - System Taking more

2. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder taking up more storage than it should be.: I am having an issue where a user folder on my computer says to be using ~70 GB, but when I check the size of its contents, it's around 12 GB. I've tried going through folder properties and optimizing the disc, but they don't fix the issue. I have attached images of what...
  3. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder taking up more storage than it should be.: I am having an issue where a user folder on my computer says to be using ~70 GB, but when I check the size of its contents, it's around 12 GB. I've tried going through folder properties and optimizing the disc, but they don't fix the issue. I have attached images of what...
  4. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  6. Files taking up more space than they should.

Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  7. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  8. More frequent than normal BSODs

More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  9. Sudden drop in performance- everything takes up way more CPU and memory than it should

Sudden drop in performance- everything takes up way more CPU and memory than it should: Hello, I'm running a year old laptop, pretty mid-range specs and suddenly in the past few days my performance has plummeted. The first thing I noticed was that games that I previously had no trouble with suddenly became incredibly laggy. Today I checked my task manager and...
  10. System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...