Windows 10: System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

Discus and support System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Viktor Vasilev1, Jan 30, 2023.

1. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That happened, when a new windows update was installed and implemented. After that, tried to uninstall this update, and numerous ways of fixing that, nothing seems to bother the percentage to drop. In some way, this obstructs my daily work on my computer, even for the least high-duty tasks. I would be more that happy to hear a

:)

Viktor Vasilev1, Jan 30, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

Hi mus890,

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

If necessary, choose the Processes Tab

Click on the CPU column header, so that arrow faces down

Leave that window open to monitor your system

When this high CPU occurs, minimize whatever windows you are working on and check what are the top 5 processes listed at that time?

DaveM121, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Jan 30, 2023
  4. weirddave Win User

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error

Sailindawg, did Resource Monitor show some silly high % use, in the millions/billions? Does the 'Details' tab in Task Manager show 'System Idle Process' normal? It does sound like you have the same issue, I've still not fixed it. You might be lucky and a BIOS update works for you as it has others, I'm stuck on the B2 stepping which means I can't upgrade the BIOS *Sad

MrPumpkin, what process does task manager say is using the most CPU usage?

weirddave, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

1. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU - Similar Threads - System Task Task

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  5. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  6. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  7. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  8. High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager: My best guess is that some malware is using about 50% of my CPU. When I launched Task Manager, I tried disabling the process that was listed as using the most, but on re-opening Task Manager I found that some other process was reporting insanely high CPU use. I went through...
  9. The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage: In the past few days I have noticed the System process using a lot of CPU in Task Manager, around25% - 40% CPU usage. Since then I have noticed my fans randomly start spinning a lot when I am doing light tasks, like using Chrome. I am also seeing the blue loading sign next to...
  10. "system interrupts" high CPU until Task Manager opens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "system interrupts" high CPU until Task Manager opens: Buy new hard drive. Install Windows 10. Download and install Updates. Check Task Manager. And there it was. 100% CPU the "system interrupts" so I grabbed a screen capture, recorded it happening, and posted it. Now I have to spend the rest of my night wondering what drivers...