Windows 10: "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

Discus and support "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Ham, May 30, 2023.

1. The Ham Win User

"System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a gaming load, I can see it go to 0.6-0.9%. is this expected behavior? I ask because I know another process, "System Interrupts" shouldn't usually exceed 10%, I think? System Interrupts is almost always at 0-0.1% regardless of the load, but what is the expected behavior of the System process? is everything going fine for me here

:)

The Ham, May 30, 2023

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, May 30, 2023
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task? ;)

infrared, May 30, 2023
  4. umar_fe Win User

CPU Usage abnormal in Task Manager

Today while cleaning my system I removed the RAM, CPU Fan, Power Supply Cable, SATA Cable and then fit them all after I finished cleaning.

And since then I see abnormal graph in CPU Usage in the Task Manager. It goes to 80+ and 90+ percents suddenly and returns soon to single digit and 10+ percents.

Am little bit confused. *Confused "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task? :confused: Can anyone help me?

I'd be very much thankful for any help.. *Cool "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task? :cool:

umar_fe, May 30, 2023
Thema:

1. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task? - Similar Threads - System task Task

2. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  3. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  4. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  5. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  6. "system" task high CPU usage

"system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  7. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  8. Task manager cpu power usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager cpu power usage: Excuse me can someone help me I have found some processes using high power usage can you please have a look at these. These processes are making my laptop overheat. In this picture the cpu is at 76% but it goes upto 100%Is it okay to...
  9. Task Manager CPU Usage Question

Task Manager CPU Usage Question: Sometimes, when my computer slows down tremendously, and I open the Task Manager to try and see what process is causing the problem, the CPU usage reading at the top is showing something like 85%. But all the entries in that column are showing 0%. How do I determine what...
  10. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...