Windows 10: System task keeping me from deleting a VHD

Discus and support System task keeping me from deleting a VHD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So basically, I was trying to make a VHD for emulators, I don't need it so I tried to delete it, but it keeps on saying "can't delete or move this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivan Clark1, Apr 13, 2024.

1. System task keeping me from deleting a VHD

So basically, I was trying to make a VHD for emulators, I don't need it so I tried to delete it, but it keeps on saying "can't delete or move this file because it is open in system

:)

Ivan Clark1, Apr 13, 2024
  2. Try3 Win User

Tasks still show in Task Scheduler despite being deleted

The OP has not mentioned deleting any program files.
    The folder identified by the OP contains Task scheduler task definitions and nothing else.

I am not trying to suggest that the method the OP used is a good one.

Denis

3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 13, 2024
  4. System task keeping me from deleting a VHD

How to delete the task or deactivate it from popping up again.

Hello Moh’d Hamdani,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As I have understood, you are experiencing issue with pop up coming on the screen after you reboot the system and now you want to get rid of that popup on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

To delete a task by using the Windows interface

• If Task Scheduler is not open, start Task Scheduler.
    • Find and click the task folder in the console tree that contains the task to delete.
    • In the console window, click the task to delete.
    • In the Actions pane, click
      Delete.
    • In the Confirm delete dialog box, click
      Yes.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

System task keeping me from deleting a VHD

1. System task keeping me from deleting a VHD - Similar Threads - System task keeping

2. System task keeping me from deleting a VHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System task keeping me from deleting a VHD: So basically, I was trying to make a VHD for emulators, I don't need it so I tried to delete it, but it keeps on saying "can't delete or move this file because it is open in system...
  3. Deleted task in Tasks from planner and to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task in Tasks from planner and to do: I deleted 3 tasks in our tasks from planner and to do and i wonder if i somehow can restore them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-in-tasks-from-planner-and-to-do/0a1b79c0-59c1-4ae3-b709-f76d2f79fed4
  4. Deleted task in Tasks from planner and to do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted task in Tasks from planner and to do: I deleted 3 tasks in our tasks from planner and to do and i wonder if i somehow can restore them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-in-tasks-from-planner-and-to-do/0a1b79c0-59c1-4ae3-b709-f76d2f79fed4
  5. Deleted task in Tasks from planner and to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to delete VHD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to delete VHD: Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them. I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from...
  7. SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server: Hi all! I keep having problems with my Windows 10 x64 pro account and my external NAS server. Every time I perform a boot of the PC, some kind of app is trying to access the server with the wrong credentials. The server log shows the following: <28>1...
  8. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  9. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001
  10. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001