Windows 10: System Thread Exception Boot Loop

Discus and support System Thread Exception Boot Loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After leaving my PC on and locked for about 20 minutes, I return to the dreaded BSOD with the System Thread Exception Not Handled error. My immediate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jman737, Jan 11, 2020.

1. System Thread Exception Boot Loop

After leaving my PC on and locked for about 20 minutes, I return to the dreaded BSOD with the System Thread Exception Not Handled error.

My immediate process was to just reset, then check everything in my machine is seated properly (which it is), then try auto recovery - all to no avail. So I try to boot into safe mode, but get the same BSOD when trying to boot into safe mode. PC reset isn't accepting my Microsoft Account password, even after I confirm it's correct by logging into the account on my phone.

Any potential solutions I could try would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/jman737
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jman737, Jan 11, 2020

2. Win 10 Reboot Loop of Death- system thread exception not handled (ntfs.sys)

Just browsing the web then the BSOD with the system thread exception not handled appeared, now it's in a booting loop. I tried to do safe mode and restore the PC but I only receive more errors.

Errors I receive:

System Thread Exception Not Handled (ntfs.sys)

Driver Overran Stack Buffer

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (NETIO.SYS)

PFN List Corrupt

Critical Structure Corruption

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Memory Management Error

System Service Exception

Exception Scope Invalid

Kernal Auto Boost Invalid Lock Release

Kmode Exception Not Handled (ndis.sys)

Every once in 500 or so boots, it does boot successfully to desktop but the system thread error appears and the bootloop continues.

AlexMason94, Jan 11, 2020
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Angel_Q1 Win User

System Thread Exception Boot Loop

system thread exception not handled infinite loop

So I downloaded the tool from my laptop to a usb drive, followed the instructions, but did not get the repair prompt: I got a message saying " it looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade,
    remove the media from your pc and click yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead click no."

i tried the first option and got stuck to the endless loop again.

whats next?

clean installation will erase everything, right?

how do I get the repair option?

thank you

Angel_Q1, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

System Thread Exception Boot Loop

1. System Thread Exception Boot Loop - Similar Threads - System Thread Exception

2. Bluescreen loop at startup System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen loop at startup System Thread Exception Not Handled: Hello, Since yesterday I've had a small problem with my desktop PC; At startup, my pc boots then bluescreen, and shows me the error code: System Thread Exception Not Handled, with failed item: ntfs.sys. The only thing I can do is access the bios, not even go to the desktop....
  3. Bluescreen loop at startup System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen loop at startup System Thread Exception Not Handled: Hello, Since yesterday I've had a small problem with my desktop PC; At startup, my pc boots then bluescreen, and shows me the error code: System Thread Exception Not Handled, with failed item: ntfs.sys. The only thing I can do is access the bios, not even go to the desktop....
  4. System Thread Exception

System Thread Exception: I'm having a very weird issue with my pc, and I believe it has to do with corrupted dll files though I could be mistaken. When trying to update my graphics drivers I receive a "class not registered error". Multiple other programs which require access to my users/warre/appdata...
  5. System Thread Exception

System Thread Exception: My laptop has shut down. It says system thread exception. I have gone to windows.com/stopcode and had no success in resetting. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception/6d004831-b05e-4538-896a-7385934448d4
  6. System Thread Exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Thread Exception: My laptop has shut down. It says system thread exception. I have gone to windows.com/stopcode and had no success in resetting. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception/6d004831-b05e-4538-896a-7385934448d4
  7. system thread exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system thread exception: screen has locked up saying memory management not handled, I have removed the battery several times but ends up locked up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception/c8243154-a3fb-43a3-938b-3dd6b05e25a3
  8. System thread exception not handled on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System thread exception not handled on boot: I have Dell Inspiron 15z running with Dell 10. My system got updated yesterday [June 18, 2020. PC shut down was normal. When I boot it today, am seeing System thread exception not handled iaStorAC.sys error on boot. It does %s and continue restart and end-up with same...
  9. BSOD loop system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop system thread exception not handled: Good day! i just installed windows 10 home using a bootable flash drive, on my old HP Compaq nx6320 and the installation went just fine but when it was booting for the first time a BSOD appeared with the " Systen thread exception not handled" error, I can't seem to know the...
  10. boot loop - error code - system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop - error code - system thread exception not handled: Hi, i am using windows 10 from 1st of august by upgrading from win7ultimate,thought of clean install at a later time. after a day,the system stuttered while watching videos through vlc,or at youtube(maybe by just by watching), after some days the desktop seemed to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED