Windows 10: System thread exception not handled - question

Discus and support System thread exception not handled - question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I used the driver verifier to scan my machine and it did crash and state that there is a driver issue but did not list the driver. I have the mini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OppositeFlea26, Nov 1, 2019.

1. System thread exception not handled - question

Hi, I used the driver verifier to scan my machine and it did crash and state that there is a driver issue but did not list the driver. I have the mini dump... how can I get that looked at, or look at it myself to see what driver is causing the issue so I can update or try to resolve the issue. Thanks!

:)

OppositeFlea26, Nov 1, 2019

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi Cyrielle,

It's possible that your system is getting the "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" blue screen error due to outdated drivers. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Nov 1, 2019
  4. System thread exception not handled - question

System Thread Exception not Handled

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error happens when a system thread generates an exception that an error handler fails to catch.

In this case, the “System Thread Exception Not Handled” error seems to be due to the incompatible or outdated iTunes.

Let us uninstall and reinstall the latest version of iTunes and check it.

To do that click win+R (on the keyboard) -----Run windows appears---in the run bar, lets type Control Panel—click on the control panel icon----programs and features---in the list of programs, choose
    iTunes and click uninstall.

Once done, kindly navigate to the apple store/website and download the latest iTunes.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

System thread exception not handled - question

1. System thread exception not handled - question - Similar Threads - System thread exception

2. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System thread exception not handled: Hello,I am getting the system thread exception not handled error on W10 64 every time I shut down my laptop, but I can't seem to find the cause. I have gone through the memory dump but can't identify the culprit. Is it possible to get some insight as to what is causing the...
  3. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  4. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Whenever I try to work on Adobe Premiere Pro or on SonyVegas my computer shows me this message and then shuts down:Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. Stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Thread Exception Not Handled: Every so often, when I shut down my ASUS laptop, I get this BSOD error. My computer works afterwards, but I would like to try and pinpoint the issue. I thought I fixed this by using chkdsk but the error still persists. This time when it happened my drive had to be repaired...
  7. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System thread exception not handled: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and after I selected everything (Language, region, keyboard) I get a blue screen of death and the laptop keeps restarting just to be met with it again. The laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 100-15d, 32 bit, 4gb ram, 500gb storage, 2.2 (or 2.7...
  8. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: I have a hp pc 15gdr006tx, specs are: i5 8th gen 8 gb ram Windows 10 Nvidea mx 110 graphics card I changed the boot settings in msconfig to boot it faster, i changed the number of processors to 8 and applied maximum memory. I restarted it and it started showing the...
  9. System Thread Exception Not Handled

System Thread Exception Not Handled: I have been receiving a number of BSODs recently including: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA rzudd.sys, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA xboxgip.sys. Since I'm having so many different BSODs, I am wondering if there is a way to isolate what the...
  10. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: Two days ago I upgraded to windows 10, everything was fine. Today I disabled a few network services on my pc. After I disabled peer networking grouping my pc crashed with the error: "system thread exception failed". I read that I could solve this by having someone read my...