Windows 10: System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

Discus and support System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have tried dozens of things to fix this with no success, please help if you can! I have an industrial PC (Fitlet2) deployed remotely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewDever, May 28, 2019.

1. System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

Hi everyone,

I have tried dozens of things to fix this with no success, please help if you can!

I have an industrial PC (Fitlet2) deployed remotely that I access via Teamviewer. The PC is connected to noise logging hardware, and runs software that records data and serves live data to a website via FTP. The PC is running Win 10 Enterprise 2016 and has an on board cellular modem to get online (SIMTech SIM7100).

The system time seems to be wrong by random amounts. I can to notice that the time actually seems to stand still when I am not logged into it. The PC is set to be always on, never sleep, and does not have Modern Standby. I have tried the following:

• Set time and timezone to update automatically, tried both automatic and manual, time issue happens under both settings. Time and date will correct itself if I turn 'set time automatically' off and on, but will later become wrong again.
    • Change SNTP server, tried several with the same results.
    • Check the Windows Time service is running, it is.
    • Installed NetTime to look after time, and disabled Windows Time. The logs from this showed that NetTime was having to add 1hour every hour, meaning that time was not advancing at all...! NetTime was actually causing more issues for my software with the constant time changes, so I have removed it.
    • Tried adding the registry 'RealTimeIsUniversal' thing, but didn't see any changes at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

:)

MatthewDever, May 28, 2019

2. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 28, 2019
  3. wrong time and date

Hi,

We would like to inform that if the Time and Date in your PC is not correct, you can adjust and fix the same according to your Time Zone. Follow the steps below to learn how to alter the date and time.

1. Click on the Date and Time indicator on the right corner of the Taskbar.

2. Here click on the Change Date and Time settings link.

3. Make the changes that you desire and reboot the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 28, 2019
  4. WernerGg Win User

System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

Wrong file modification dates/times

I use ActiveSync 4.5 to synchronize my Mobile WM6.1 with my PC WinXP, SP3. I synchronize Office items and files.

ActiveSync

• owerwrites file dates (modified date to be specific) with current transmission date
    • sometimes resyncs all files with no understandable reason and then changes all file dates to current date.
    I know this is a known issue but I could not find any reasonable answer on that nasty behaviour. ActiveSync should synchronize files and not spoil them.

Does anybody know exactly how ActiceSync works?

For reproduction of the problem I made an experiment. Protocol follows. Issues that are ok are marked with "+++". Issues that are bugs in my opinion are marked with "---"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

File created on Mobile, later edited,

Not attached to PC

==> On Mobile:

Create Time: 17:32

Modify Time: 17:37

(Note: I have a tool "TreeSize Mobile" that is able to show creation, change and last access date on WM)

Now USB cable attached.

ActiveSync syncs the file to the PC

==> On PC:

Create Time: 17:40

Modify Time: 17:40

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file dates.

+++ But maybe ok because the file is really created on the PC at this time.

==> On Mobile:

Modify Time: 17:37

+++ This is still unchanged and correct

Even after following runs of ActveSync from other reasons these dates stay unaltered since the file is not transferred again.

+++ This is correct but strange, because the file on the PC is newer than on the mobile.

--- Bug or feature?

Now the File is edited on the PC.

The Mobile is still attached.

Immediately after save of the file:

==> On PC:

Modify Time: 18:12

A short time later the file is transferred to the Mobile.

And back again!

--- Why back again?

==> On Mobile:

Modify Time: 18:13

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file date.

==> On PC:

Modify Time: 18:13

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot reproduce the case when ActiveSyncs resynchronizes all (!) files. But when it happens then all file modification dates on both ends are wrong, namely current transmission date. Creation dates sometimes survive, sometimes not.

All in all: Never use file dates on your Mobile. They are totally unreliable.

WernerGg, May 28, 2019
Thema:

System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

1. System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC - Similar Threads - System Date always

2. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  5. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  6. system time date

in Windows 10 Customization
    system time date: How do I change the time synchronization location? My system is using time-nw.nist.gov. Needs to be changed to time-a-wwv.nist.gov. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-time-date/5908e97e-2cc7-4546-b87e-41c7db05c44b
  7. Date and Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time is wrong: My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the...
  8. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date: When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time). For instance, I updated today at 2019-06-12 7:29 PM (my computer time and my region time which is one and the same: eastern time), but Defender...
  9. Time zone always wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  10. System Wrong Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Wrong Time: System's clock goes fast (15 minutes in an hour). After synchronizing with internet time manually it corrects itself, but again goes fast till the next synchronization. 22789