Windows 10: System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.

Discus and support System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello to allMy work has asked if there is a way to set systems to have Wi-Fi default to off when the computer is first turned on. The main reason is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PWILSON83, May 25, 2023.

1. PWILSON83 Win User

System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.

Hello to allMy work has asked if there is a way to set systems to have Wi-Fi default to off when the computer is first turned on. The main reason is that they don’t want Wi-Fi on the computers when in the building. All connections within the building are done via Cat 5.So is there a way to set the Wi-Fi off when a computer is first turned on? We still need to be able to enable Wi-Fi when outside of the building.Any ideas will be appreciated

:)

PWILSON83, May 25, 2023

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 25, 2023
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, May 25, 2023
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on. - Similar Threads - System default off

2. System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.: Hello to allMy work has asked if there is a way to set systems to have Wi-Fi default to off when the computer is first turned on. The main reason is that they don’t want Wi-Fi on the computers when in the building. All connections within the building are done via Cat 5.So is...
  3. System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System to have Wi-Fi default to off, when the computer is turned on.: Hello to allMy work has asked if there is a way to set systems to have Wi-Fi default to off when the computer is first turned on. The main reason is that they don’t want Wi-Fi on the computers when in the building. All connections within the building are done via Cat 5.So is...
  4. Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself: I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's website, but it still turns off regularly. Then, I tried to look in the event log to find errors. And yes, I see some error messages there, maybe someone can help?It didn't help me: Reinstalling Windows, relaunching Wi-Fi...
  5. Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself: I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's website, but it still turns off regularly. Then, I tried to look in the event log to find errors. And yes, I see some error messages there, maybe someone can help?It didn't help me: Reinstalling Windows, relaunching Wi-Fi...
  6. Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself: my laptops internet keeps turning off and on by itself, i checked to see if it maybe was the internet itself but other devices can connect to the internet without any problems except my laptop, i’ve tried flushing the dns and all other possible ways to fix this from what ive...
  7. Wi fi compatibility is turned off.

Wi fi compatibility is turned off.: I have lenovo G580 laptop i can't turn on my wifi option even i can't click on it .. I already used power management option , device manager for install and uninstall drivers, mobility option etc. I Can't rid off this problem....
  8. WI-FI turn off

WI-FI turn off: HI how can Iturn on The WI-FI on my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929nr Notebook PC? iput the Network security ey ,but ican't connect to the wi fiItroubleshooting ,a red Xsay that i have not preferret wireless network, Idon't know how this is hapen,is work good with the etherne...
  9. Can't turn off Wi-Fi

Can't turn off Wi-Fi: I am using Windows 10, and I have Ethernet. I cannot turn off my Wi-Fi, and I've already looked it up for an hour with no results helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-turn-off-wi-fi/b684c9a4-b3c5-4418-8f80-9c4ab65ae096
  10. Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10: How to: Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi Communication in Windows 10 Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network (WLAN) technology and standard that uses high-frequency radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network...