Windows 10: System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

Discus and support System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well the title says everthing... Since the introduction of the news ans interest widget, if I enable it the little arrow allowing to open the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GautierMANQUAT, Aug 11, 2021.

1. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

Well the title says everthing... Since the introduction of the news ans interest widget, if I enable it the little arrow allowing to open the system tray is hidden behind and cannot be accessed ?! If I enable only the icon for the weather I can see part of it but if I enable the full mode text and image it seems completly gone but I suspect it's just hidden behind.

:)

GautierMANQUAT, Aug 11, 2021

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Aug 11, 2021
  4. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

1. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar - Similar Threads - System tray hidden

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  7. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  8. news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

in Windows 10 Support
    news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons: Did an update, and got the news - weather icon. Seems it overlaps the arrow for tray icons. Is there a simple fix, or just disable that news thing? build 21H1 180522
  9. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  10. News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar

News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 and I do not have the "News and Interest" widget on the taskbar. I live in Mexico. I don't know if the region has anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks....