Windows 10: System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

Discus and support System Tray Icon Will Not Display. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Annie Body, Feb 21, 2022.

1. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the other icons can be made to display or hide as expected there doesn't appear to be a fundamental problem with Windows functionality.The program starts from the 'Start-Up' folder.I have also tried starting it using different methods such as registry, task scheduler, startup delay, preventing the other system tray items from sta

:)

Annie Body, Feb 21, 2022

2. Disappearing System Tray icon

I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed.

I'm running Win 10 2004 and (if it matters) Macrium Reflect Home 7.3.5289.

This problem regularly occurs on only 1 of my 4 computers, and appears to be associated with Remote Desktop access and/or disconnected mode.

On "attended" computers (i.e., not using RDP access) the backup icon is always displayed, either in the System Tray or in the list of hidden icons, when MR runs a backup. But access via RDP seems to mess this up. I can reproduce the problem on any (well, at least 2) of my computers by the following scheme:

1. Start with the computer in a "Locked" state.
    2. Connect to the computer using Remote Desktop.
    3. Manually start a scheduled backup. The icon appears in System Tray.
    4. Disconnect the Remote Desktop connection. This puts the computer in a Locked state but the backup runs to completion.
    5. Wait for the computer to enter Sleep state.
    6. Wake the computer with "Wake on Lan" processing and connect with Remote Desktop again.
    7. Manually start another backup. This time the icon is not displayed.
    8. Disconnect Remote Desktop and log in locally.
    9. Start another backup. The icon is still not displayed.
    10. Reboot and start another backup. The icon is displayed.

I know nothing about the Windows notification processing so this my be a really dumb question, but is there something trying to display a Systems Tray icon while Windows is running disconnected that would make Windows flag the icon as unusable? I know that can't be universal since I have most of my System Tray icons seem bothered by this.

pokeefe0001, Feb 21, 2022
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2022
  4. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

1. System Tray Icon Will Not Display. - Similar Threads - System Tray Icon

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  4. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  5. System tray icon size

System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  6. Chineese display icon in system tray.

Chineese display icon in system tray.: What looks like the display icon in my system tray is in Chinese. [ATTACH] How to revert to my normal English? Thank you, Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chineese-display-icon-in-system-tray/9e4a4695-d0f0-49b3-8f70-34b418f8476d
  7. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  8. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  9. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490
  10. Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?: On my HP laptop running windows 10 home edition (laptop specs are intel cpu 4 core, 2.2 ghz, 16 gig or ram), I think a recent update caused the Onedrive icon on start up of laptop to display 4 instances in the system tray, and when clicking on each icon they disappear. The...