Windows 10: System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles

Discus and support System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, my system tray icons are wonky. Some will go missing on me, not visible at all, not even in the "Show hidden icons" flyout. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gordol, Feb 22, 2021.

1. gordol Win User

System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles

Windows 10 Home, my system tray icons are wonky. Some will go missing on me, not visible at all, not even in the "Show hidden icons" flyout. For example, right now my Network icon is flat out missing. If I go into the notification area tray and toggle it off, my volume icon turns off. The icons themselves that show, show and control the correct items.

This is affecting all of the Windows status/settings notification icons, and at least one third party item. Issue has been going on for years, actually, long predating that third party app's install.

Last reboot was less than 24 hours ago. Last update check was about 30 minutes ago. Last update install was a couple days ago.

:)

gordol, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Feb 22, 2021
  3. jrowla Win User
    System Tray toggle icons.

Alt + Tab is extra work. I should be able to toggle just by clicking the system tray icon.

jrowla, Feb 22, 2021
  4. EagleX Win User

Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

Hello,

I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating.
    My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition, sometimes the clock is mirrored, for example, 23:49 will show as 49:23, etc... This issue occurs with every user. Clicking the app will open the correct app, even though the icon is wrong.
    The only "odd" thing in this particular setup that I can think of, is that Windows was originally installed in English, and each user later changed the UI language to Hebrew. Windows version is Windows 10, 1909.

Attached photo demonstrates the issue well (Many programs show the "Windows Security icon. The one with the floating Hebrew text is actually the safely eject program...):

System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles [​IMG]

I'll appreciate any idea or advice you have.
    It's not a life threatening problem, but a very annoying one nevertheless.

Thanks a lot,
    Noam.

EagleX, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles - Similar Threads - System tray icons

2. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  4. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  5. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  6. OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........: Good afternoon, My onedrive icon isn't showing in the system tray by the clock on the task bar. Also, some files have been trying to sync for days and i get some error messages when i try to open files and it states that that file can't be viewed but it is the correct...
  7. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  8. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. [ATTACH] (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) [ATTACH] Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page,...
  9. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. https://i.imgur.com/iA9thDM.png (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) https://i.imgur.com/ofmLdHr.png Additionally, at the network...
  10. Avira icon on system tray not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira icon on system tray not showing: I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like...