Windows 10: System Tray issue

Discus and support System Tray issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello i have a problem with my system tray, there is one icon that is missing. When i resize my taskbar then it appears again, i looked under options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gomble, Feb 5, 2016.

1. gomble Win User

System Tray issue

Hello i have a problem with my system tray, there is one icon that is missing.
    When i resize my taskbar then it appears again, i looked under options an deactivated/activated system icons but there is always one icon that is missing.
    Can you help me to solve this problem.

:)

gomble, Feb 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 WiFi System Tray Issue

Okay, here goes. My system is evidencing a very strange issue concerning the WiFi icon in the system tray.

Here is what my system consist of:

Processor: AMD FX-8320 8 core processor

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3

Memory: 16GB

Video Adapter: NVidia GeForce GT710

Monitors: 2 ViewSonic Q9-2

Primary Hard Drives: SamSung SSD SM871 256GB

Secondary Hard Drives: 2 Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB configured Raid 1

Audio 1: ATI/AMD SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio 2: NVidia GK208 - High Definition Audio Controller

Network Adapter 1: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

Network Adapter 2: Linksys WUSB6300 AC-1200 Wireless AC

Now to the issue at hand.

When I right click the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray I get the following menu:

Troubleshoot problems

Open Network and Sharing Center

When I left click the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray a small blue circle appears then disappears and nothing else displays.

When I enter netsh wlan show networks in the CLI it will list the available networks.

When I CAD the system to get the Lock, Switch user, Sign out, Change password and Task manager menu. The Wireless icon is presented in the lower right hand corner. If I left click this icon then the list of available networks appears and allows me to connect
    to my the available access points in my network. Also, when I go to the Wi-Fi page in Windows 10 settings and I click the Show available networks option, I get the same results as the left click on the system tray.

I have searched on the internet for a possible solution to this issue but to no avail.

Here are the steps I have tried (please note, I have never installed VPN software on this system. It was however, upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1507, 1511, 1607 and lastly 1703.):

Removed and re-installed the Windows 10 Driver for the AC-1200 USB Wi-Fi adapter (no change in issue)

Entered this command in the CLI: reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /f
    (returned key not found)

Entered this command in the CLI: netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    (dni_dne not found)

Removed Power management setting for the Wireless Adapter in the Device Manager and restarted the system (no affect)

Removed all non Microsoft Malware and Anti-Virus Software. I am running Windows Defender Security Suite.

Not sure what to do next or even if this issue can be fixed. I have 2 other Windows 10 systems that use this same Wi-Fi adapter and neither of them have this issue. They work as expected. I also have a HP Laptop running Windows
    10 and it is working properly too.

David Ward

David Leo Ward, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Jay_Ca Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi System Tray Issue

Hi David,

I suggest that you create a new user account to isolate the problem. if you are seeing the same issue on the new user account I strongly suggest that you perform in-place upgrade since the problem might be on the operating system.

to perform an in-place upgrade, click this
    link
    . just choose upgrade and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps...

Jay_Ca, Feb 5, 2016
  4. gomble Win User

System Tray issue

problem solved,
    i had configured a custom scaling, after i set it to default , all icons appeared again

gomble, Feb 5, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Windows 10 had a scaling issue. It's the same that causes desktop icons to re-arrange to default positions when you change scaling, or some other persons signs into their account on the same PC that has different scaling set in their profile. This is purported to be fixed in an upcoming insider build, in which case the fix will eventually make its way to the non-insiders.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Tray issue

1. System Tray issue - Similar Threads - System Tray issue

2. Audio & System Tray issues after regular Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio & System Tray issues after regular Restart: Summary: I did a restart, and now none of my audio works. all my devices show up in the list, but none of them work anymore. No applications show up in volume Mixer either!Long description:I was working on my computer, using a 3D packing software known as blender. Computer...
  3. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  4. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  5. Weird system tray icon issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird system tray icon issue!: Hello I use my Samsung UHD TV as a monitor and have noticed that, if I put my TV into standby but leave windows 10 running in the background, when I turn my tv back on the icons in the system tray area not desktop or taskbar become corrupted. They appear as little blank...
  6. Issue with apps not getting activated in the system tray.

Issue with apps not getting activated in the system tray.: I am using onedrive on my pc and its icon keeps disappearing from the system tray. I have tried whatever the other answers related to this topic have told and nothing has worked. Apart from onedrive, I am using a software call X Mouse button control to use the extra buttons...
  7. Win10 System Tray

Win10 System Tray: The system tray disappeared from the taskbar. I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix. savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties look correct. any hints? what am i missing?...
  8. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  9. System tray

System tray: So not sure if it's widely known here, but I found out you can drag the system tray icons about to change the order. 140017
  10. system tray

system tray: the date and time have disappeared. I've tried everything but nothing works. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray/c2528115-5a76-4248-96e4-59575a562265