Windows 10: System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix...

Discus and support System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This has happened to my previous installation of Windows 10 and it is happening again. I am still not entirely certain of the cause, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kritthikhoune, Sep 10, 2018.

1. System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix...

System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix... f25a02fe-2d96-4ed4-a3cd-bc596e7d9978?upload=true.png

This has happened to my previous installation of Windows 10 and it is happening again. I am still not entirely certain of the cause, but according to what I remember, I used "Your Uninstaller" to uninstall Malwarebytes and Avast antivirus. After I uninstalled my Avast and restarted my computer the system tray displayed either bugged icons and some application icons are missing from the tray (it seems the expansion box of the system tray is also defected. The box appears deformed and too low, causing some of the apps to be invisible).

It doesn't affect any functions severely, however, I would appreciate it if the accessibility is functional and not distracting. I had forgotten to create restore points so I couldn't turn back, if there are any solutions I would love to hear them.

Best.

:)

Kritthikhoune, Sep 10, 2018

2. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been logging restarts on my system and here's the results:

2005/07/07 20:40 No ATiTool Icon
    2005/07/07 20:48 Icon Displayed
    2005/07/07 20:55 Icon Displayed
    2005/07/07 21:08 No ATiTool Icon
    2005/07/07 21:54 Icon Displayed
    2005/07/07 22:02 Icon Displayed
    2005/07/10 04:03 No ATiTool Icon
    2005/07/10 04:07 No ATiTool Icon
    2005/07/10 12:55 No ATiTool Icon

System Specs:

BIOSTAR M7NCD Mobo (Socket A FSB up to 400MHz)
    AMD AthlonXP 3200+ (2.2 GHz)
    Corsair DDR400 2-2-2-5 2T (2x512MB)
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP 128MB (enhanced copper heatsink for cpu & ram)
    SoundBlaster Live! Platinum Edition PCI
    1 Hard Drive, 3 Optical, Floppy, USB Mouse, USB KB, USB Webcam, USB Gamepad, LPT Printer

48 Processes on system startup, beyond normal windows services:
    ATI Graphics Drivers
    BOINC Manager/Client Applications
    Creative Sound Manager
    DiskKeeper Defrag Daemon
    DirectUpdate Dynamic DNS Client
    Java Update Manager
    Trend PC-Cillin 2005 components (AV & Firewall)
    PowerDVD Service
    PowerMenu
    PowerQuest Monitor Service
    Webroot Spy Sweeper SDK

Hopefully some of this will come to good use.

djshowergel, Sep 10, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix...

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

So with the last few nVidia drivers they've added a very annoying System Tray icon that is there when the computer starts. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Now I can stop the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" service and the icon goes away. Oddly, I can start the service right back up again and the icon doesn't come back.

Now for the mean time I just wrote a bat file that runs at startup to restart the service, which gets rid of the icon, but there has to be a better way. Perhaps some option burried somewhere in the nVidia control panel or something.*Bang Head :banghead:

newtekie1, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix...

1. System tray malfunction, displaying bugged icons and some icons are missing. How can I fix... - Similar Threads - System tray malfunction

2. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  3. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  4. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  5. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  7. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  8. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

9. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba
  10. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system tray icons missing with gaps

2. how to fix bugged icons

3. usb device malfunctioned icon in system tray

4. bugged tray icons