Windows 10: system tray missing

Discus and support system tray missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dan-f, Feb 22, 2020.

1. dan-f Win User

system tray missing

System Tray is missing on taskbar.

Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly.

only this visible is clock.

:)

dan-f, Feb 22, 2020

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    System Notification Tray Missing

Hello,

One possible reason why the system tray icons are missing is that the system icons settings are currently off. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you change the settings of your computer. Here's a simple guide on how to turn on your system icons:

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information was helpful to you.

Paolo Mag, Feb 22, 2020
  4. system tray missing

OneDrive ixon missing from system tray

Desktop PC has been powered off for several months. When it was powered up on Sat. the OneDrive icon was missing from th System tray. Starting OneDrive opens the webpage. Opening OneDrive from File Explorer shows very few files.

I have reinstalled OneDrive from the store twice without any change.

I have tried most of the suggestions in other threads without success. Any others steps I can try?

DanielSoderquist, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

system tray missing

1. system tray missing - Similar Threads - system tray missing

2. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  3. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  4. Bluetooth Missing from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Missing from System Tray: The Bluetooth icon in the system tray has disappeared. The tray settings menu show it is there but the icon will not appear so I have no access to using Bluetooth. This happened with Windows last update in late April. Cortana quit with the early April update. How much more...
  5. Bluetooth Missing from System Tray

Bluetooth Missing from System Tray: The Bluetooth icon in the system tray has disappeared. The tray settings menu show it is there but the icon will not appear so I have no access to using Bluetooth. This happened with Windows last update in late April. Cortana quit with the early April update. How much more...
  6. System tray area missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray area missing?: I performed a clean installation of Windows 11 two days ago. Yesterday, the System Tray, Action Centre and Notification Area/Clock are missing and not visible. They can still be accessed through keyboard shortcuts but not from the taskbar. While task manager is open, the tray...
  7. System tray area missing?

System tray area missing?: I performed a clean installation of Windows 11 two days ago. Yesterday, the System Tray, Action Centre and Notification Area/Clock are missing and not visible. They can still be accessed through keyboard shortcuts but not from the taskbar. While task manager is open, the tray...
  8. System notification tray missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System notification tray missing: My System Notification tray typically on the right side of the desktop taskbar is missing. All my small icons are on the the taskbar, they aren't grouped together under that system notification tray, which usually appears as a "^". We are running Windows 10 Enterprise on a...
  9. battery icon missing from system tray

battery icon missing from system tray: I jjusst noticed that my battery icon is missing from the system tray in windows 10. this has never happend before. How do i get it back? this windows 10. I have never had any problems with icons in the system tray If i cick on the "hide" arrow, it shows but i'd like to...
  10. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba