Windows 10: System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

Discus and support System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AidanShort, Jun 10, 2021.

1. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something else.Restarting the Laptop does not fix the problem.If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

:)

AidanShort, Jun 10, 2021

2. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Disappearing System Tray icon

I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed.

I'm running Win 10 2004 and (if it matters) Macrium Reflect Home 7.3.5289.

This problem regularly occurs on only 1 of my 4 computers, and appears to be associated with Remote Desktop access and/or disconnected mode.

On "attended" computers (i.e., not using RDP access) the backup icon is always displayed, either in the System Tray or in the list of hidden icons, when MR runs a backup. But access via RDP seems to mess this up. I can reproduce the problem on any (well, at least 2) of my computers by the following scheme:

1. Start with the computer in a "Locked" state.
    2. Connect to the computer using Remote Desktop.
    3. Manually start a scheduled backup. The icon appears in System Tray.
    4. Disconnect the Remote Desktop connection. This puts the computer in a Locked state but the backup runs to completion.
    5. Wait for the computer to enter Sleep state.
    6. Wake the computer with "Wake on Lan" processing and connect with Remote Desktop again.
    7. Manually start another backup. This time the icon is not displayed.
    8. Disconnect Remote Desktop and log in locally.
    9. Start another backup. The icon is still not displayed.
    10. Reboot and start another backup. The icon is displayed.

I know nothing about the Windows notification processing so this my be a really dumb question, but is there something trying to display a Systems Tray icon while Windows is running disconnected that would make Windows flag the icon as unusable? I know that can't be universal since I have most of my System Tray icons seem bothered by this.

pokeefe0001, Jun 10, 2021
  4. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

1. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move - Similar Threads - System Tray Notification

2. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: Windows 11 22H2iCUE won't even display in my taskbar, though it is running. Open up taskbar settings and iCUE is meant to show always, but it won't. Fix provided in another post didn't fix, as it only said to turn it on, which it is....
  3. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: Windows 11 22H2iCUE won't even display in my taskbar, though it is running. Open up taskbar settings and iCUE is meant to show always, but it won't. Fix provided in another post didn't fix, as it only said to turn it on, which it is....
  4. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  5. System Tray Icons Disappear

System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  6. System Tray icons keep disappearing

System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  7. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  8. System Icons disappearing from tray

System Icons disappearing from tray: After a recent update, currently on 20h2 build 19042.964, system icons have disappeared from the tray area near the clock. To be a little more specific, I can take all icons and hide them in the drawer and all icons show there. But when I set icons to always show, the first...
  9. Disappearing System Tray icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing System Tray icon: I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed. I'm running Win 10...
  10. Icons disappear from system tray

Icons disappear from system tray: Hi, I have already performed the following: Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or...