Windows 10: System Tray - Power not showing

Discus and support System Tray - Power not showing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all,I am writing because of the change I have in the System tray. For some reason, it shows my power on the sign-in screen, but not on the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marek_006, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Marek_006 Win User

System Tray - Power not showing

Dear all,I am writing because of the change I have in the System tray. For some reason, it shows my power on the sign-in screen, but not on the system tray.Would anyone know why this is, please?Marek

:)

Marek_006, Aug 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot?

Hello!

I am having an issue with my Windows 10 Power Icon in my System Tray. FYI, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo Think Pad T510 laptop PC. Everything is to factory spec. except I have recently increased the memory to 8GB or 2x4GB memory modules from 4GB. I have researched this issue and found a few solutions from others who have had similar issues from various online websites. However, no one addresses this issue after it often recures following a system boot/start. After some testing, I have it down to this:

1. There are random times the power icon will show up in the system tray and there are times it will not after system boot/start. However, I would say more often not showing that showing the power icon.
    2. The only solution I found that works is temporary meaning if I reboot or restart the PC, in many cases the power icon will not show in the system tray. I will have to redo the only solution to show the power icon.
    3. A TEMPORARY SOLUTION FIX: If I go to the "Device Manager" and disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and then immediately enable it, the power icon will immediately show in the system tray. This has been 100% successful during a session while my PC is running. Again, if I reboot or restart, more often than not, the power icon will not show up in the system tray.
    4. BEFORE the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Turn system icons on or off" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> the only listed icon that is ON listed that is grayed-out.
    5. BEFORE the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Select which icons appear in the taskbar" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON.
    6. AFTER the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Turn system icons on or off" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON. NOTE: A CHANGE WHERE THE "POWER" ICON IS NO LONGER GRAYED-OUT AND IS ACTIVELY SHOWN.
    7. AFTER the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Select which icons appear in the taskbar" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON. NOTE: NO CHANGE -- SAME AS BEFORE TEMPORARY FIX - ACTIVELY SHOWN.

OBJECTIVE: What I want is NOT having to go to the "Device Manager" and disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and then immediately enable it EVERY TIME I want to see the Power icon showing in the Windows 10 system tray often following a system boot/start. When I start or boot my PC, I want the Power icon showing in the system tray on its own loading every time.

I have supplied some photos to this OP for your assistance with the issue.

Please provide some reasons why and how the Power icon is not showing in the system tray after PC boot/start and solutions on how I can have the Power icon showing in the system tray on its own loading every time.

Thank you very much!

montecarlo1987, Aug 22, 2021
  3. p060477 Win User
    Avira icon on system tray not showing

thxs!
    all the services to which it depends this one are actually set to -automatic- and are all working...

i've just unistalled and do the exact procedure suggested by marsmimar..but did really not solve

see also this topic on avira forum:
    no more avira icon in my system tray - Avira Answers

what a pity
    what a shame for avira...

p060477, Aug 22, 2021
  4. System Tray - Power not showing

OneDrive ixon missing from system tray

Desktop PC has been powered off for several months. When it was powered up on Sat. the OneDrive icon was missing from th System tray. Starting OneDrive opens the webpage. Opening OneDrive from File Explorer shows very few files.

I have reinstalled OneDrive from the store twice without any change.

I have tried most of the suggestions in other threads without success. Any others steps I can try?

DanielSoderquist, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

System Tray - Power not showing

1. System Tray - Power not showing - Similar Threads - System Tray Power

2. Windows Explorer System Tray not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer System Tray not showing: Windows 11 Pro 22h2, windows tiny edition. Issue present since first setup, previously the issue was seen when taskbar was set to autohide, system tray stopped showing wifi/battery/sound/clock.NB: I've turned off everything I don't use search etc. I was gonna patch the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  4. System Tray arrow not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  5. System Tray arrow not showing.

System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  6. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  7. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  8. Date not showing with time in system tray

Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  9. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  10. show volume percent in system tray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    show volume percent in system tray: I know one can hover over the speaker icon and see the volume. Is there a way to show volume percent in system tray? 178638