Windows 10: System Tray Problems in Windows 10 Home v. 2004

Discus and support System Tray Problems in Windows 10 Home v. 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. I recently upgraded to the 2004 version. I just noticed that if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tb75252, Aug 26, 2020.

1. tb75252 Win User

System Tray Problems in Windows 10 Home v. 2004

I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. I recently upgraded to the 2004 version.

I just noticed that if I click on the Wi-Fi or Clock icons (both located in the System Tray), nothing happens.

Typically, clicking on the Wi-Fi icon would show the available Wi-Fi networks and some tiles called Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot.

And normally clicking on the clock would bring up the calendar.

Plese note: The laptop is able to connect to all the registered Wi-Fi networks. I dont have a problem connecting to the Internet so long as one of the registered Wi-Fi networks is available. But the problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.

All the other icons in the System Tray seem to work ok.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

:)

tb75252, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Perf-TO Win User

Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

• I could not find the *dump files, I don't think I enable it,
    • I will work on the MSinfo file and the Specc files when I have more time in hand.
    Questions:-

• you're suggesting that I should install the V.2004 and let it crash (if it'll crash)?
    • since there is no .dump file exist (or I couldn't find one), the troubleshooting still good just using the MSinfo and the Specc files that reflects my current system state (V.1909)?
    Thanks again!

-Al

Perf-TO, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update (Windows 10 version 2004)

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions!

In the end I used the Recovery setting to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 (version 1909).

The system tray icons are now working as expected, and I think I'll wait before upgrading to version 2004 again.

TerenceOnWindows10, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. System Tray Problems in Windows 10 Home v. 2004 - Similar Threads - System Tray Problems

2. I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,: Hi , I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 , 1. google not working Error code: STATUS_BREAKPOINT 2. Microsoft Edge This page is having Problem Try coming back to it latter You could also : Open a new tap Refresh this page 3. pdf.dll.deploy did not...
  3. Windows 10 2004 for Home Operating System

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 for Home Operating System: Did the download yesterday - no problems - When system finally started the first tab to display was about All the new things - when I changed to other tabs could not get that tab back - I wonder what the link is as I did not have time to go thru it . Thanks so much....
  4. windows 10 home 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home 2004: i wanted the link to download genuine windows 10 home 2004 version iso file link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-2004/d6ff2386-d0fc-4186-91db-b9c52a63a3ad
  5. Problem in system tray icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in system tray icons!: Windows security icon appears on all programs in system tray, and thereal programs icons don't appear. Why? How I can Fix it? System: Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit Version: 2004 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Explorer in Windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer in Windows 10 V 2004: How do I get Windows Explorer to show the actual file directory for my computer including cloud drive with this new version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-in-windows-10-v-2004/a068d49b-9d66-46b3-8d5a-92a196342f48
  7. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  8. System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update: I'm facing an issue with system tray icons after Windows 10 2004 update. I have updated the windows on my laptop two days ago and since then the icons in the system tray (right side of the taskbar) are not responding to click. When I hover the cursor over the icon, I can see...
  9. Windows 10 Home 2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 2004 update problem: I can not update Windows 10 Home to 2004 version from 1909 I have notebook ASUS RoG Intel Core i7 8Gb RAM More than 32 Gb free space on HDD I tried updating using Windows Update, Media Creation Tool, Microsoft Update Assistant - all the same results Update reaches 100%...
  10. Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10: How to: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 How to Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Starting with turn on Narrator, you will be taken to...