Windows 10: System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

Discus and support System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnLong- [O365], Nov 6, 2018.

1. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very annoying. I understand people are annoyed by the ding when adjusting the volume but it doesn't make sense to have it either on or off. Make a toggle to turn it on or off. Maybe one exists, I sure would like to know how to reenable it though.

Thanks.

:)

JohnLong- [O365], Nov 6, 2018
  2. awalt Win User

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Nov 6, 2018
  3. GosuSheep Win User
    "Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Nottie Win User

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

Volume slider (in tray) shows only one device

I am using two displays simultaneously:

1. Laptop display (for Internet browsing and Skype calls)

2. HDMI connected TV for watching videos

Sometimes my son wants to watch some cartoons while I am making a Skype phone call. Lets say my phone rings now: I want to decrease the volume of the cartoons on the TV and mute the Skype call fast.

In windows 8 I could easily adjust the volume of both displays by clicking the tray icon - I had 2 volume sliders - one for every device, it was very practical.

After the upgrade to Windows 10 I only get one slider - the one for the default device, to change the volume I need to open Volume Mixer, pick the device and adjust/mute there. It is getting annoying.

Now my question:

Is it a missing feature or is it possible to change it somewhere in the settings so that I can get all the volume sliders at the same time?

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Nottie, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

1. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume. - Similar Threads - System Tray Volume

2. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10: When I adjust the volume slider with the mouse or arrow keys, there is always "bong" sound. It is very intrusive. I am adjusting the slider based on the volume of the music to optimize concentration. Every single adjustment is followed by a very loud "BONG". Not only is it...
  3. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10: When I adjust the volume slider with the mouse or arrow keys, there is always "bong" sound. It is very intrusive. I am adjusting the slider based on the volume of the music to optimize concentration. Every single adjustment is followed by a very loud "BONG". Not only is it...
  4. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  9. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 no ding sound when adjusting volume

2. how to get rid of tha ding noise when adjusting the volume