Windows 10: System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

Discus and support System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have purchased Laptop Dell Latitude 3510 and it runs Windows 10 . System turns on automatically when i open it without using power button. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Karthik_Tk, Jan 11, 2021.

1. System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

I have purchased Laptop Dell Latitude 3510 and it runs Windows 10 . System turns on automatically when i open it without using power button. I have changed few settings under power option but issue still persists. when I open the lid - On battery and Plugged in is set to Do nothing

:)

Karthik_Tk, Jan 11, 2021

2. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 11, 2021
  3. lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open

I shutdown my laptop. Then I open lid, I didn't press power button but its turn on automatically. But This is a brand new laptop . I bought this yesterday

PoornimaaRamakrishnan, Jan 11, 2021
  4. System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

My Toshiba laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10

My Toshiba Satellite laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10. I want the laptop to turn ON when I press the Power button and not automatically when the lid is open.

Please help.

SolcastEnterprise, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

1. System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button - Similar Threads - System turns automatically

2. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off? Its a dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/5a33e192-f03f-4522-8129-5b42bb1cf305
  3. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off? Its a dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/5a33e192-f03f-4522-8129-5b42bb1cf305
  4. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  6. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  7. Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad-5, built In windows 11, a problem with it, when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is will be harmful to the laptop? And how can I turn off this problem?...
  8. Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button

Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad-5, built In windows 11, a problem with it, when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is will be harmful to the laptop? And how can I turn off this problem?...
  9. lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open: lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open . I t is new lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-windows-turn-on-automatically-when-lid-is/7b4b3710-59f9-49b8-b7c5-4b27a57c07cd
  10. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.: Hi, I have a ASUS vivobook S-15 530Fn. I'm having two problems with it, When i shut it down and don't put the lid down it automatically turns on again. Another is when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is...