Windows 10: System tweaks keep undoing on restart

Discus and support System tweaks keep undoing on restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having some trouble making some tweaks stay put. Seems that after I reboot, they revert back to defaults! The system I have is a hp stream laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WinTenUser, Mar 14, 2020.

1. System tweaks keep undoing on restart

Having some trouble making some tweaks stay put. Seems that after I reboot, they revert back to defaults!

The system I have is a hp stream laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM.
    The hard drive is a mere 30GB onboard chip.
    When windows is installed, it leaves a mere 9GB to add programs/update windows/etc...

I wanted to force all documents to go to a 64GB smart disk...Downloads/Pictures/Documents/Videos/Music.

System tweaks keep undoing on restart [​IMG]

I changed them all to D?:… and they just revert back on reboot.

Also changing the default location of the TEMP/TMP files does the same thing.

System tweaks keep undoing on restart [​IMG]

Any clues?

:)

WinTenUser, Mar 14, 2020

2. System Restore Undo

My OS is Windows 10.

I know how to so a System Restore, but cannot find a way of undoing
    it.

Can someone please provide me with step by step instructions for undoing a System Restore.

Many thanks.

AnthonyStirling, Mar 14, 2020
  3. undo system restore

Yes in the system restore options there will be an Undo button to go back.

1. If you boot to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, you must be signed in as an administrator to undo a system restore.

2. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

3. Click/tap on Advanced options.

4. Click/tap on System Restore.

5. If you booted to advanced startup options from your Windows 10 installation media, click/tap on your listed Windows 10 OS, and go to step 7 below.

6. If you booted to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, click/tap on an administrator account you want to provide credentials for.

A) Enter the password for this administrator account, and click/tap on Continue.

7. Click/tap on Next.

8. Select the restore point that has Undo for its "Type", and click/tap on Next.

See if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Mar 14, 2020
  4. System tweaks keep undoing on restart

Unable to undo a system restore

You couldn't undo both anyway.

Undo System Restore in Windows 10/8/7/XP Without Data Loss [100% Secure] – EaseUS

It doesn't matter whether you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, 7 or XP. Here is a list of crucial information that you should be aware of:

• A data backup is highly necessary before undoing a System Restore.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it in Safe Mode.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it from System Recovery Options.

But read all the information there.

Bill Smithers, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

System tweaks keep undoing on restart

1. System tweaks keep undoing on restart - Similar Threads - System tweaks keep

2. System keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System keeps restarting on its own: Hello first a few details:Windows 10PC is an MSI Infinite X 9RTX 2070The PC keeps restarting on its own, doesn't matter what it's currently doing. It happens randomly, when it does the screen goes black and the fans of thw gpu start spinning to 100%, the led lighting inside...
  3. System keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System keeps restarting on its own: Hello first a few details:Windows 10PC is an MSI Infinite X 9RTX 2070The PC keeps restarting on its own, doesn't matter what it's currently doing. It happens randomly, when it does the screen goes black and the fans of thw gpu start spinning to 100%, the led lighting inside...
  4. System keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System keeps restarting: Dear all,Can you please help with my Windows 10PC keeps restarting after showing blue screen. I'm struggling with this for a year now. Sometimes system crashes once a week, sometimes several times a day.Event viewer displays this information:The computer has rebooted from a...
  5. System keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System keeps restarting: Dear all,Can you please help with my Windows 10PC keeps restarting after showing blue screen. I'm struggling with this for a year now. Sometimes system crashes once a week, sometimes several times a day.Event viewer displays this information:The computer has rebooted from a...
  6. System keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Tweaking a Scheduled Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking a Scheduled Restart: I didn't see a category that this question fit so I'm posting it here in the General category. Windows 10/64 Home and Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) I have added a task in task scheduler on all my Windows 10 PCs to restart each PC at a specific time every day. An...
  8. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  9. system keeps restart automatically

system keeps restart automatically: Hello dears, i seeking your assistance for the below screenshots , what i shall do to solve it ?[ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-keeps-restart-automatically/5d74d9cd-5466-4c17-82fc-27c2211f36e0
  10. system Keeps restart automatically

system Keeps restart automatically: hello dears, i seeking your assistance according to the below screenshots[ATTACH][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-keeps-restart-automatically/808e5746-9cb4-4874-ad54-7e3eaa3e2c30