Windows 10: System unable to boot

Discus and support System unable to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my window10 system and i just discover the system had been running slow or slow to respond so I tried to remove the updates and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kizzy112, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Kizzy112 Win User

System unable to boot

I recently updated my window10 system and i just discover the system had been running slow or slow to respond so I tried to remove the updates and then tried to restart my PC and ive been error message that say “Automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC”...please i need a solution.

:)

Kizzy112, Apr 3, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 3, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 3, 2020
  4. System unable to boot

Unable to boot the operating system to desktop after the Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing/ booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

System unable to boot

1. System unable to boot - Similar Threads - System unable boot

2. Unable to Boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Boot.: I disable bootable disk for my windows 7 desktop, however I tried to boot from windows 10 Bootble flash drive but I cant. Could you please assist me in enabling disable driver so I can boot back into the old system...
  3. Unable to format my system from boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to format my system from boot: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 in which I initiated the format from Boot process but when I format the c drive it showed that the windows cannot install on this drive. After that I removed all the extra partition which were showing such as system reserved etc. Excluding the...
  4. Windows unable to boot, stuck on system recovery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows unable to boot, stuck on system recovery.: Just about a week ago my pc failed to launch and booted straight into system recovery. I tried all available options but it would just give me an error. I have both and ssd and an hdd in my pc and the current windows was in the ssd. I installed a new windows into the hdd and...
  5. Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?

Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?: I was running Win 10 Pro 1903 without any issues. Thursday 25 June I tried to update my NVIDIA drivers, resulting in the dreaded "black screen on boot" problem that is all over the NVIDIA forums. I downloaded DDU and removed all NVIDIA drivers in Safe Mode, which allowed me...
  6. Unable to boot

Unable to boot: I have initially message you and complaint about my system displaying error “automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC” i have tried the system restore settings before and i am doing it again after you told me to do it...it is still the same issue and it doesn’t solve the...
  7. Unable to boot system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to boot system: I accidentally changed bios from legacy to efi and now my PC will not boot. It hangs at the Asus splash screen. Pressing del, f8 or f2 do nothing. I can't reinstall windows because I can't get into the bios . How do I either get my system to boot into the bios setup or...
  8. System unable to boot after trying to factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System unable to boot after trying to factory reset: I was trying to factory reset my laptop and it got to around 70% then failed and undid changes but when it restarted it’s loaded for a bit then loaded to the blue screen with the sad face with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, it then try to run start up repair but it...
  9. Windows unable to boot/load the operating system

Windows unable to boot/load the operating system: I have a Dell computer which i have a 500gb harddisk where i have installed my operating system in GPT partition scheme so its a uefi system. So recently i transfered my harddisk to a hp computer to use it as an external storage to transfer some files but it wont let...
  10. Unable to make a “Operating system boot mode change”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to make a “Operating system boot mode change”: My screen to my HP Stream 11 is broken and In order to use the computer, i connect it via hdmi to my tv and i am able to use it perfectly. I want to install a new version to the laptop, windows 10. To do so, i would use a flash drive with it installed. I go to the boot up...