Windows 10: System under-performing after driver updates

Discus and support System under-performing after driver updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I have had problems with my computer where system interrupts would frequently go up to 100% in the task manager. Googling this problem led me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tadas2, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Tadas2 Win User

System under-performing after driver updates

Hi,

So I have had problems with my computer where system interrupts would frequently go up to 100% in the task manager. Googling this problem led me to believe that my drivers are outdated. I installed a free driver manager software which I think was a bad idea. It found that there were 10-15 new driver updates available for my system. I installed them all. Rather than solving my 100% system interrupts issue for which I found another solution these updates made my computer run even worse. This was most apparent in games where my frame rates dropped by up to 50%. I did not create a restore point so I tried manually rolling back some of the drivers from windows device manager. This didn't solve my restore my system and I was desperate so I clean installed windows 10. Now it seems like even clean install did not reset some of my drivers as frame rates in games stayed lower than what they were before.

I continued searching for a fix and eventually found what windows has a built in driver verifier. When I turned it on windows crashed a couple times just a few seconds after I restarted my PC showing a blue screen of death. I followed the guides found here and here to create dmp files for the crash, which can be downloaded here.

Could anyone analyse my dmp files here or suggest something else that could have caused my performance to go down?

Thanks.

:)

Tadas2, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Anna Bon Win User

Device Performance & Health feature

This can be an issue with the old driver, update or hardware. However, for us to fully identify what is causing the issue, we may need to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Use System File Checker to check for system file corruption.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start 
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc/scannow(note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers
    and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Once done, check if your Device Performance & Health will work and generate a report.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. System under-performing after driver updates - Similar Threads - System under performing

2. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  3. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  4. Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager: Hello Windows Community folks Windows 10 keeps crashing after I click Performance TAB in Task Manager. It crashes the windows going into the infamous Green screen with reason- Windows preview build failed. I have tried several debug options like cmd SFC Scan, DISM. I have...
  5. After windows 10 update system performance very slow

After windows 10 update system performance very slow: Hi, After the latest update i have installed, my system is taking long time to start, post which it is taking 5-10min just to reflect my icons and when i click on my computer it takes like 2min to open. Which was not the in earlier cases. Please assist and resolve the...
  6. system performance

system performance: I reset windows 10 but after that also system hang. It takes time to open operation after click. Like- right button click will take much time on desktop, open any app on desktop . What should I do?...
  7. Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!: I had recently upgraded to windows 10 before upgrading i was using windows 7 ultimate and was fine with it . After windows 7 ending support i finally decided to switch to Windows 10 . I wanted to see whether it was stable so i borrowed an old installation disk from one of my...
  8. System performance get slow after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System performance get slow after update.: My Lenovo ideapad 110 became another thing after Windows10 update to latest version. All the system performances ranging from booting to loading of applications and other activities became crippled. It will take "decades" to open apps. Very very slow in everything. I hav...
  9. System Performance

System Performance: My computer is sluggish to start doesn't seem to be booting up right. I have tried defragging, system reserve is at 18% after optimizing it drops to 9%, until you analyze it again, and then it goes right back to 18%, so its done nothing. How should I proceed with this matter....
  10. Performance Related Driver Updates Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Related Driver Updates Question: Hi All If I update the following drivers, that Driver Easy Found, will it affect Windows 10 Sleep Mode from working, the following drivers it says need updating are AMD SMBUS I believe It was, AMD Serial ATA Controller, Realtek Audio drivers, and another one that I can't...