Windows 10: System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night.

Discus and support System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system always boot from hibernate at 2:00 in the night. The system log shows it was boot by a timer to execute task "NT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SardineFish, Jul 29, 2019.

1. System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night.

My system always boot from hibernate at 2:00 in the night. The system log shows it was boot by a timer to execute task "NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start". Is there any way to prevent it?

System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night. 010b1e78-6182-4506-8e8a-bc41e5d4a155?upload=true.png

:)

SardineFish, Jul 29, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jul 29, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 29, 2019
  4. System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night.

Proper Boot up of Windows 10 Pro Prompts Hibernation, Why?

Hi Robert,

A corrupted startup file is possibly causing your PC to go into hibernate mode after boot up. I will need additional information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell the current OS Build of your Windows 10 PC? Select the
      Start button, go to
      Settings > System >
      About. Scroll down to Windows specifications to find this information.

To find out if an installed program is possibly causing the unwanted hibernation after boot up, I suggest performing a clean boot. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software
    conflicts after you boot your Windows 10 device. You can find the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10 from this

article
    . You can also check our for a step-by-step guide.

NOTE: Please go to the section:
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue remains even after performing a clean boot, I recommend following the methods provided by
    Likhitha V from this
    thread
    . He provided steps on how to perform a Startup repair using a Windows 10 installation media.

Let me know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night.

1. System unexpectedly boot from hibernate every night. - Similar Threads - System unexpectedly boot

2. Windows wont boot from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot from hibernation: My computer won't boot from Hibernation and Sleep. Typically if I set my computer to sleep/hibernate it will wake up if I attempt to do so straight away. If I walk away and try in 20 minutes or so, the PC will fail to wake and it requires a manual restart with the power...
  3. Windows wont boot from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont boot from hibernation: My computer won't boot from Hibernation and Sleep. Typically if I set my computer to sleep/hibernate it will wake up if I attempt to do so straight away. If I walk away and try in 20 minutes or so, the PC will fail to wake and it requires a manual restart with the power...
  4. Power Plan auto restart, auto hibernate every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plan auto restart, auto hibernate every night: Hi guys,I have a routine to sleep my laptop every night and it is so far no issue until lately, where my PC goes into hibernate after some hour. After I wake my PC up, I also notice that power plan was reset to "Power saver" instead of BalanceI tried with other plan but it is...
  5. Rebooting Every Night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting Every Night: My computer has been rebooting every night. Following error in the event logs "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8036c771358. A dump was saved in:...
  6. Win10 PC boots from shutdown every night at same time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 PC boots from shutdown every night at same time: My PC is always fully shutdown, never sleeps. Fast startup is disabled, No wake events are recorded. No devices are configured to allow wake. No new software has been installed for months. For the last two weeks or so, the PC boots from shutdown not sleep at 22:30 every...
  7. System 32 opening every night?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System 32 opening every night?: So for the last few weeks haven’t really thought anything of it but my system 32 opens every night at 1:46 A.M and all my icons disappear for a few minutes. Very annoying if i’m working or playing games. Not a big deal but anyone know the fix? submitted by /u/WreckLaser...
  8. System wakes from hibernation but boots up as if totally shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    System wakes from hibernation but boots up as if totally shut down: I hope I'm explaining this problem clearly. Hibernation doesn't seem to be working correctly on my system. The problem has been going on for at least a month, maybe longer, maybe since I upgraded to 1909. I need help in interpreting the error message and fixing the problem....
  9. System waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    System waking from hibernate: I have used gpedit.msc to set Enable Windows Update Power Management to disabled but still I come back to my laptop after hibernating it and find it is awake and that powercfg -lastwake shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]...
  10. Cannot Boot from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Boot from Hibernate: This is on a fresh Windows 10 install, using a 60 GB SSD and a pair of 1 TB HDD's. No folders were moved off the SSD (C:\) outside of what Windows supports. (That is, I moved all user folders to the HDD that I was allowed to, and installed all programs to the HDD that I was...