Windows 10: System Unit will not function

Discus and support System Unit will not function in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey Folks, I have a computer that i've had for a couple of years now and over a year go i tried turning on the system unit so the computer can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HopeGonzalez01, Dec 31, 2019.

1. System Unit will not function

Hey Folks,

I have a computer that i've had for a couple of years now and over a year go i tried turning on the system unit so the computer can turn on and once i did that it seemed as if the computer didn't get a signal or something so i once again presses the button and the button flash started to keep blinking and i couldn't make it stop and until this day the system unit's button still blinks today and i just dont know what to do. By the way i have a Gateway Windows 7 Home Prem OA system unit.

Sincerely,

Fellow Customer

:)

HopeGonzalez01, Dec 31, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 31, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 31, 2019
  4. System Unit will not function

cortana problems/can't enable cortana...

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open the Time & Language Settings page by click on search and typing time and language.
    • Make sure that English (United States) is listed. If not, click on “Add a language”, and follow the steps to add the language
    • Click on “English (United States)”, then click on the “Options” button.
    • Set the Country and region setting to the United States
    • Log off and log in.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

System Unit will not function

1. System Unit will not function - Similar Threads - System Unit function

2. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  3. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  4. A device attached to system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    A device attached to system is not functioning: [IMG] I dont know how happend but i cant open systems app and i cant disable network too [ATTACH] and another error happend when i want open device manager this error come Why ? My laptop is lenovo g510 Core i3 Amd r5 m230...
  5. System unit hum (fan cleaned)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System unit hum (fan cleaned): Hey people. My system unit makes a constant humming sound, always in a kind of pulsing in and out way. The volume varies but it's usually quite audible. I thought it must be the fan so I opened it up and cleaned the fan with compressed air and also cleaned out all the dust in...
  6. What are the functions of an operating system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are the functions of an operating system?: Microsoft Windows is a computer operating system in which the programming code is not available to the public. Operating System (OS) is one of the core software code/programs thatrun on the computer hardware which makes and helps a user to interact with hardware, and then it...
  7. DVD unit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD unit: Windows 10 is not recognizing DVD unit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-unit/239bfc4d-efb7-4ba0-9b3e-fdf350eb2967
  8. System Restore is not functioning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore is not functioning: I open the System Properties window, select System Protection tab. My drive never comes up and all the option boxes are grayed out. Can anyone help? [img] 63095
  9. Windows 10 System Image Recovery On Replacement Unit

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 System Image Recovery On Replacement Unit: Hi, I had a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro that started giving very poor battery performance and the case was getting very hot. MS agreed to either repair/replace under warranty but I needed to ship it back. Before I shipped it back I did a Windows 10 System...
  10. unit reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    unit reboots: Hope this the rite area to post. I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 755 running win 10. This thing will all at once black out and reboot from startup all by itself. It sees to work alright otherwise. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Not sure where to start. Thanks for any...