Windows 10: System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager

Discus and support System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm regularly experiencing performance issues whenever a series of Audit Success entries are generated in the Security log in Event Viewer. These all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matt Sampson, Sep 10, 2019.

1. System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager

I'm regularly experiencing performance issues whenever a series of Audit Success entries are generated in the Security log in Event Viewer. These all relate to "Microsoft Windows security auditing" & can now run for 3-4 minutes. During this time if I try typing there will be multi-second delays between key presses & the character showing & a high frequency of duplicates or skipped characters. I essentially can't continue typing while this happens.

The recent install of Microsoft Teams has added additional credentials into Credential Manager, which has increased the duration of these events but it definitely preceded the install of Teams.

What can I do to reduce the impact of this audit, or even disable it completely?

:)

Matt Sampson, Sep 10, 2019

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 10, 2019
  4. System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager

Managing Credentials with no password

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

• What are you referring to? When you say “using no user account and therefore no password ?”
    You can use Credential Manager to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network.

To access Windows Credentials follow:

Control Panel >
    All Control Panel Items
    > Credential Manager.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager

1. System unresponsive during audit of user accounts in Credential Manager - Similar Threads - System unresponsive during

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. credential manager

credential manager: credential manager until this new computer would allow me to see the password when clicked on it, only had to enter my pin, this new windows computer will not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/74453cdb-2c44-4a93-81f3-540f96a43082
  5. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  6. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  7. User Folder Audit

8. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  9. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/04e957fa-0d01-49e7-80f3-cb74e847e2f8
  10. credential manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credential manager: How to make disabled credential manager for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager/29cdbb69-c570-4279-b752-109cf15bf8ee"