Windows 10: System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only...

Discus and support System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I utilize the Microsoft Sticky Notes app constantly. I can't recall if I manually downloaded it through my Microsoft account or if it came preinstalled... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ShawnaFalero, Aug 7, 2019.

1. System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only...

I utilize the Microsoft Sticky Notes app constantly. I can't recall if I manually downloaded it through my Microsoft account or if it came preinstalled on my computer, but I believe it was the latter. A Windows update caused each sticky note in the taskbar to appear as a separate instance, forcing me to click on each one individually in order to open them. I liked that previously I could just click the one sticky note icon on the taskbar to minimize all the sticky notes at once, or conversely bring them to the forefront of my screen. Now I have to click each one individually! Very annoying, so I decided to post a review to get the developer's attention.

I signed in to my Microsoft account, went to the app page, and tried to post a review; the page did a strange half-refresh thing and then nothing else happened. I tried again; same result. Then a closer examination revealed a rather tiny, completely mundane, almost unnoticeable sentence in small plain black text underneath the giant rating number: You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.

....Except that I do own this product. Not only is it free, but it comes with my operating system by default. I'm signed into my Microsoft account, on my Windows computer, WITH MY STICKY NOTES APP OPEN.

My question is this: How soon is Microsoft going to fix this app? When is Microsoft going to fix the review bug? Why is the "you can't review this app because" message tiny, plain black text that appears halfway down the page in a very obscure place? How is anyone supposed to notice it there???

:)

ShawnaFalero, Aug 7, 2019

2. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Aug 7, 2019
  3. SNM
    SNM Win User
    Need system for Android App Development and Other Java Development and DB work

Hello team,

I am looking for a lower to mid range PC which will be used in Development such as Android App development, java, DB and other related task, NO GAMING at all suggest some proper PC.

My Budget is INR 25,000, I have tried multiple build maker website but using core i3 6th ot 7th gen prices are going above 30,000. I dont have much knowledge about AMD, please suggest a build in the price I have given.

A ref: System Builder - Core i3-7100 3.9 GHz Dual-Core - PCPartPicker

4. xhamedz Win User

System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only...

Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi

i rated and reviewed for 2 apps in microsoft store , scorpio player and spreadsheet light

after that the developer answered and replyed my review

now i want to back to store and update my review but the UPDATE section disappear and dont exist

where is the problem

apps are installed and i can still rate and review other apps

why i cant update this 2 rate on these apps?

***Modified Title from: cant update my review on some apps after that the developer answer it***

xhamedz, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only...

1. System update broke a Microsoft App; tried to post review to get developer's attention only... - Similar Threads - System update broke

2. Development of the Microsoft Family App.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Development of the Microsoft Family App.: Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental control service for Microsoft Windows, part of the Windows Essentials service pack. The program allows users to set restrictions for children when browsing the Internet and provides parents to monitor their children's activities on...
  3. Unable to rate and review the app on the Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to rate and review the app on the Microsoft...: I would like to rate and review an app on the Microsoft website i.e https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-10-apps but unable to find any option to rate the application.Navigated to many application but couldn't find the option to rate .In Microsoft store I am able...
  4. {Microsoft Developers Only!} Request to Republish Discontinued Apps

{Microsoft Developers Only!} Request to Republish Discontinued Apps: Hello Microsoft Support & Microsoft Store App Developers & Microsoft Publishers, I really enjoy the Microsoft Store and all its features. The Microsoft Store App has meet all of my expectations, and its back-to-back updates made the navigation of its platform more smooth,...
  5. Microsoft Store - app review

Microsoft Store - app review: My friends posted a rating and a review for a certain app in Microsoft Store. But this review is not visible to community? Any idea what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-review/4c180cb6-047f-456c-8fb1-c0232f7d1e96
  6. Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post

in Windows 10 Support
    Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post: I just added a reply to this post: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/104884-whats-proper-way-naming-files.html#post1807489 I have been doing a lot of thinking on file and folder naming conventions. I am thinking those who have years of experience looking for things...
  7. Cannot Update Microsoft Store Review or Leave Public Reply to Developer Response

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Update Microsoft Store Review or Leave Public Reply to Developer Response: As stated in title, I can't update my product review nor can I leave a reply to the developer's response. the normal "leave a review" option is not present, nor is there an option to edit or update the current review. I have tried both the wsreset.exe in Administrator...
  8. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps: Hi i rated and reviewed for 2 apps in microsoft store , scorpio player and spreadsheet light after that the developer answered and replyed my review now i want to back to store and update my review but the UPDATE section disappear and dont exist where is the problem...
  9. cant update my review on some apps after that the developer answer it

cant update my review on some apps after that the developer answer it: Hi i rated and reviewed for 2 apps in microsoft store , scorpio player and spreadsheet light after that the developer answered an replyed my review now i want to back to store and update my review but the UPDATE section disappear and dont exist where is the problem apps...
  10. Update on Facebook App Review

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Facebook App Review: Back in May, we announced that all apps using the Facebook Platform APIs would need to go through a more comprehensive review to better protect people’s Facebook information — with an August 1 deadline to submit for review for all existing apps. As a result, we are cutting...