Windows 10: System update - now won’t switch on

Discus and support System update - now won’t switch on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft surface laptop 4. Bought in March this year. Has worked fine: it did a system update and now won’t turn on it just shows the windows logo,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sophie Wilson1, Aug 18, 2022.

1. System update - now won’t switch on

Microsoft surface laptop 4. Bought in March this year. Has worked fine: it did a system update and now won’t turn on it just shows the windows logo, makes a sound and then says restarting and just does that on a loop. The fn light works. I can get the advanced options page up but I don’t know my recovery key to be able to reset. How can system updates cause this? It is such a new laptop, all my work is on there and I can‘t work without it. I thought Microsoft was meant to be reliable!!

:)

Sophie Wilson1, Aug 18, 2022

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Aug 18, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. System update - now won’t switch on

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

System update - now won’t switch on

1. System update - now won’t switch on - Similar Threads - System update won’t

2. System won’t turn on..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System won’t turn on..: I updated my windows 11 recently and now it won’t turn at all.. I tried starting it in safe mode yet I haven’t received a response.. previously this had happened in another update and it used to take about 20 minutes to turn on.. the issue fixed itself after another update.....
  3. System won’t turn on..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System won’t turn on..: I updated my windows 11 recently and now it won’t turn at all.. I tried starting it in safe mode yet I haven’t received a response.. previously this had happened in another update and it used to take about 20 minutes to turn on.. the issue fixed itself after another update.....
  4. I accidentally switched my pc off at the switch a few seconds too early and now my pc won’t...

I accidentally switched my pc off at the switch a few seconds too early and now my pc won’t...: It says to pick either start-up repair doesn’t work, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system restore doesn’t work or system image recovery doesn’t work...
  5. System update - now won’t switch on

System update - now won’t switch on: Microsoft surface laptop 4. Bought in March this year. Has worked fine: it did a system update and now won’t turn on it just shows the windows logo, makes a sound and then says restarting and just does that on a loop. The fn light works. I can get the advanced options page up...
  6. System update - now won’t switch on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System update - now won’t switch on: Microsoft surface laptop 4. Bought in March this year. Has worked fine: it did a system update and now won’t turn on it just shows the windows logo, makes a sound and then says restarting and just does that on a loop. The fn light works. I can get the advanced options page up...
  7. Edited a system 32 file now computer won’t boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edited a system 32 file now computer won’t boot: Hello, recently I had an issue with a program of mine and the support form for the program had something to do with editing a system 32 file. Now my computer won’t boot and just stays stuck loading. Please help fix this any answers will be appreciated....
  8. Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep: I’ve recently built a PC and it’s running the latest version of Windows 10. Everything was working great for the last month and then a couple of days ago I noticed the screensaver wasn’t starting and the monitors wouldn’t go to sleep later, and to top it off the system...
  9. after latest update system won’t load

in Windows 10 Customization
    after latest update system won’t load: Error code Wdf 01000.SYS page fault in non paged area. Also error C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.TXT. Windows preparing auto repair then diagnosing pc then to blue screen....
  10. Unplugged computer to switch desk around now windows won’t load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unplugged computer to switch desk around now windows won’t load: Unplugged my computer to switch my desk around and then plugged my computer back in. Now windows won’t load and the error it gives me is Failed“AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys” this is an intel rig so this doesn’t even makes sense... I literally did Nothing except unplug it and...