Windows 10: System update / upgrade

Discus and support System update / upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Today started the "Repair Install of Window 10 with an in-place Upgrade",right as in the tutorial.Mounted the Iso file and started the setup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

System update / upgrade

Hello,Today started the "Repair Install of Window 10 with an in-place Upgrade",right as in the tutorial.Mounted the Iso file and started the setup, unselected the updates - to be installed later. (Internet was off-line)Everything went fine, several restarts, it started working on updates (dont know which), progres up to about 76%, then it restarted again and froze, screen becam black, only the small blue windows icon and the revolving circle, keyboard and mouse not responding, HD light stopped flashing. Waited for half an hour and nothing happened. Had to use my Macrium restore.Right now the old version is back.Plan to try again, this time on-line, and select to download and install updates.Will appreciate an answer, some help, before I try again.Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 13, 2017
  2. Jimdor Win User

Windows 7.1 system 64 versus system 32 upgrade

I have a windows 7.1 system 64, on the upgrade of windows 10 it tried to install a system 32. Now my system does not work. My computer will start up and open the icons, then after about 1 minute the screen goes blank. I can see my wifi working as well as
    being able to control/alt/delete. I am unable to remove the windows 10 upgrade.

Can someone help as my laptop is not working.

Jimmy

Jimdor, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Windows 7.1 system 64 versus system 32 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

Start by opening Settings – Click Start > Settings or type Settings in the search bar and click it or press Windows key + I

Click Update and Security

Click Recovery then click Get started under
    Go back to Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1
    (depending on the previous version you running)

Here you can make selections why are going back to your previous version of Windows along with additional details or you can choose just one and click Next.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jul 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System update / upgrade

You say your build is
    Windows 10 Pro 1511

What's the build of the iso you're using for the repair install?

dalchina, Jul 13, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    I think he`s trying to update it, not sure why he`s using this method.

Motim, you have so many threads with the same title, what are you trying to do ?

AddRAM, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,Thanks for the answers.On previous threads got answers to update my system acording to the tutorial: "Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade".Did exactly, downloaded the creation tool, started it, it found what is my system, started downloading and making the Iso file and verified it.On some other thread I asked what kind of upgrade it will be, was answered it will be 'Creators update'.I ran the troubleshooter - no findings.When started the setup from the Iso file everything was fine, it was dealing with updates even I selected to download updates later, at about 76% there was a restart, screen remained black for about half an hour, no HD flashing, so had to restore.I will try again this time on-line and select to install updates while upgrade.This is in short, any ideas before I make another try.Thanks

Motim, Jul 13, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    I would uninstall your AVG before trying again. 3rd-party AVs can cause upgrade problems. If it's 'paid for' make sure you have the registration details handy to reinstall later (or just leave it uninstalled and use Defender).

8. Motim Win User

System update / upgrade

Hello and thanks
    AVG uninstalled a week ago, and all traces cleaned, there is only windows defender.

Motim, Jul 13, 2017
  9. Motim Win User
    Hello,End of story and end of bothering you with my questions about update / upgrade. And by the way, I checked the version of the Iso file, please see attached text at the end of this message.For several days I was trying to update / upgrade my system, with your help.Twice used the "In-place upgrade" with the windows 10 Iso file, as you know from my posts, at about 74% computer restarted but froze, had to use the restore.Then tryed another way, started the "Media creation tool", this time selected to 'upgrade this pc now'. It started some download, the interface for a change was English, but quickly it turned Hebrew, and the update started.The same scenario again, after 2 - 3 restarts, at about 72% computer froze, waited almost an hour then restored.Opened the control panel to chk for availabe updates, after a while it found some, started to download and install, restarted computer - some updates were installed. Now it is
    1511 10586.1007, and it searches for more updates , will try later.Looked into system's tree and found a new (dated today) large folder, I think the 'tool' created it "Windows 10Upgrade" 1.04 GB, and since upgrade failed I want to delete it - how about it ?There are also 3 folders starting with the $ sign.So thanks for all your help, seems I will stay with current system as long as it works.Thanks----------------------Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:G:\sources\install.esd /index:1Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.10586.0Details for image : G:\sources\install.esdIndex : 1Name : Windows 10 ProDescription : Windows 10 ProSize : 10,091,567,907 bytesWIM Bootable : NoArchitecture : x86Hal : <undefined>Version : 10.0.15063ServicePack Build : 0ServicePack Level : 0Edition : ProfessionalInstallation : ClientProductType : WinNTProductSuite : Terminal ServerSystem Root : WINDOWSDirectories : 14746Files : 80011Created : 3/19/2017 - 12:18:36 PMModified : 7/10/2017 - 9:17:02 PMLanguages : he-IL (Default)--------------------------------------------

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System update / upgrade

1. System update / upgrade - Similar Threads - System update upgrade

2. Upgrade of operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade of operating system: Dear Team,I bought a laptop with windows 10 home edition default licensed. It has now got upgraded to windows 11 insider preview in july 2021. I am now unable to roll back. Please clarify me how to download and upgrade to windows 10 pro license version from Microsoft site...
  3. system builder or upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system builder or upgrade?: if i still have to activate windows, do i need the system builder or the upgrade? and do i need a product key or license or does it matter? i have win10 home submitted by /u/pm-me-your-pets-plz [link] [comments]...
  4. System Upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Upgrades: How often is the software updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-upgrades/0deddb35-5c8d-40bf-af51-7734befb3e7f
  5. System Upgrade

System Upgrade: Hello,Planning to upgrade the system from 1809 version to 1903 version. Some time ago downloaded from microsoft the iso file "Win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso", it is Build 356.I think to use same method as used to upgrade current system, as on one of the tutorials on this forum...
  6. System update / upgrade

System update / upgrade: Hello. Before doing the win 10 upgrade, my user account is "admin", I am the only user of my pc, do all installations etc. Will my account be changed after the upgrade, if yes, how to avoid it or change it back. In each step (like adding a language) it says to log-in as...
  7. System update / upgrade

System update / upgrade: Hello, After reading all your answers, I would like to summarize if I understood well before I break something. To do a repair install with inplace upgrade Windows 10 as on tutorial "Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade", I have to: 1. Download "Media...
  8. System update / upgrade

System update / upgrade: Hello,Allmost ready to do the win 10 upgrade, but still have some questions.The term "Keep personal files and apps", well, personal files like photos, video, music and some letters are stored on a separate partition (data).What I am concerned is the "apps", I know that the...
  9. System update / upgrade

System update / upgrade: Hello,Thanks for all the answers.Checked my account, as you can see on attached screenshot, I'm user and administrator and I do not mind named "admin", even not entered a photo.What I'm afraid of is that after the upgrade (windows 10 to windows 10) I will get windows in...
  10. System update / upgrade

System update / upgrade: Hello,Some questions before starting the upgrade, I have the Win10 iso file (Hebrew).1. First I'm going to uninstall AVG antivirus, then make with macrium a full backup.2.Shell I unzip the iso file or mount it ?3. Do I have to be online while the upgrade runs ?4. How do I...