Windows 10: System Upgrade

Discus and support System Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Planning to upgrade the system from 1809 version to 1903 version. Some time ago downloaded from microsoft the iso file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Motim Win User

System Upgrade

Hello,Planning to upgrade the system from 1809 version to 1903 version. Some time ago downloaded from microsoft the iso file "Win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso", it is Build 356.I think to use same method as used to upgrade current system, as on one of the tutorials on this forum "Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade".Have also downloaded from MS updates catalog some updates to install after the upgrade.I will kindly ask you to review the list of updates attached.After this upgrade and getting used to it, I will think to upgrade to 1909 version. (One at a time).Some tips on the way will help.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

Winver 1809 x64, 17763.1012

:)

Motim, Feb 24, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 24, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Feb 24, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

System Upgrade

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

System Upgrade

1. System Upgrade - Similar Threads - System Upgrade

2. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  3. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  4. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

6. purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.: I purchased windows 11 pro from the app store. Order history shows the order as complete however my computer still shows windows 11 home in the activation settings. Install link on the app store fails with unable to upgrade error 0x80070490...
  7. purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.

purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.: I purchased windows 11 pro from the app store. Order history shows the order as complete however my computer still shows windows 11 home in the activation settings. Install link on the app store fails with unable to upgrade error 0x80070490...
  8. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  9. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  10. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO