Windows 10: System uses up to 100% CPU

Discus and support System uses up to 100% CPU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After some time of using my pc some of the internal Windows systems start to use all of the available cpu and ramps up the temps and the fans. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TijsHogervorst, Apr 23, 2023.

1. System uses up to 100% CPU

After some time of using my pc some of the internal Windows systems start to use all of the available cpu and ramps up the temps and the fans. These programs are sometimes different but the latest was the System using over 60% of cpu, but still letting other programs use the cpu, but it ramps up to 100% constantly.

:)

TijsHogervorst, Apr 23, 2023

2. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

Hi Bradley. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor here to help until this is resolved.

1) See fixes for System Interrupts causing high CPU usage:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-high-cpu-usag...

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12795-system-in...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/system-interrupt... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Reimage ad)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2) Update your drivers and BIOS/UEFI firmware from PC or motherboard maker's Support Downloads web page, using the full model number, Serial Number or Dell Service Tag on sticker. Compare the latest drivers available for download with the ones presently installed
    in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button. Make sure you have the latest Chipset, Display (Video), Sound, USB3, Bluetooth, Network and all other drivers, or else download and install the latest now.

Then type System Information in Start Search, compare the latest BIOS/UEFI firmware version with the one showing in System Information, and install it following closely the instructions on the download page, and on any Read Me file included in download.

Updating drivers from the Device Manager or Windows Update is rarely enough. The most basic thing we need to learn to maintain a PC is keep the latest manufacturer's drivers installed from their Support Downloads web page.

3) Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 17 to test a new Local Admin account. Then if necessary
    continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

4) If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool, open tool and choose to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, is the most stable method to advance to the latest version,
    and solves most problems.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

I hope this helps. Based on the results you report back I may have other suggestions if necessary. If you will wait to choose whether the problem is resolved, then I will continue to help until the problem is fixed.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 23, 2023
  3. Mike Br1 Win User
    Windows 11 - 100% CPU usage

Thanks for the suggestion regarding using Clean Boot to solve the problem.

I've done this and have confirmed no other apps are running, including removing virus protection.

The system is still running at 100% CPU.

Any other suggestions or things to check?

Thank you!

Mike Br1, Apr 23, 2023
  4. System uses up to 100% CPU

System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but
    its so bad that the automated chatbot doesn't even reply and when I call to speak to a real person they say nothing to help. Surely system interrupts should not be using 100% CPU?

BradleyChowings, Apr 23, 2023
Thema:

System uses up to 100% CPU

1. System uses up to 100% CPU - Similar Threads - System uses 100%

2. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  3. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  4. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  5. System uses up to 100% CPU

System uses up to 100% CPU: After some time of using my pc some of the internal Windows systems start to use all of the available cpu and ramps up the temps and the fans. These programs are sometimes different but the latest was the System using over 60% of cpu, but still letting other programs use the...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU

System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  7. System Interrupts using 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Interrupts using 100% of CPU: I recently built myself a new computer with a Ryzen 5600x, an MSI B550M Mortar and an Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX 3070. Since I’ve had it, when I am playing a games every now and then (probably about once every ten minutes but it depends on the game) my performance will seize up....
  8. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  9. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/
  10. Systems Interupts is taking up 100% of the cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Systems Interupts is taking up 100% of the cpu: Almost every time I open up Task Manager, System interrupts is taking up 100% of the CPU. Can anyone help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systems-interupts-is-taking-up-100-of-the-cpu/56f9f53c-ca2d-40fc-94ee-fa8fc7a3aa6e