Windows 10: System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min

Discus and support System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have been having trouble finding information about this particular problem and how to diagnose and solve it. The problem is that on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VultureX, Jun 5, 2019.

1. VultureX Win User

System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min

Hi everyone!

I have been having trouble finding information about this particular problem and how to diagnose and solve it. The problem is that on Windows 10 systems the 'System' process will start using 1 cpu core fully (sometimes 2) when the mouse hasn't been moved for about 5 minutes.

I want to disable this behavior, because it's using unnecessary power when the pc is idle and it's affecting my compiling performance when I'm compiling code on all cores. I basically have to come back every 5 minutes to move the mouse so that System stops stealing CPU power.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it?

Thanks!

:)

VultureX, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Sluge1 Win User

Strange system load after ~5 min of inactivity

Hello,

On my notebook Lenovo Z701 with Windows 10 installed I noticed a strange CPU load: after 5 min of user inactivity System process loads CPU at 30%. If I move the mouse, Sysytem process stops loading CPU. Is it a normal behavior?

Sluge1, Jun 5, 2019
  3. moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

I have the exact same problem. If i move the mouse fast enough CPU usage spikes. I'm assuming its 1903 related

In fact a few processes in task manager are using an abnormal amounts of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, can any person confirm they're experiencing the same problem, high CPU usage while using the mouse on explorer.exe process

- - - Updated - - -

When the mouse isn't in use nothing. Now i can feel stutter in game. I have two monitors and can see the whole system isn't right. Any suggestion?

win10fuser, Jun 5, 2019
  4. empleat Win User

moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

Something strange happens to me i never noticed. When i do nothing i have 1% cpu usage. But when i start rapidly moving mouse, cpu usage goes up to 20% for process explorer.exe, which is indeed weird. And for system interrupts cpu usage increases from 0.1 only to 0.5 How does mouse have to do anything with explorer.exe and i am currently on 4.1ghz intel i7 3770 4 cores, disabled hyper threading. And it doesn't happen randomly tested it already couple times. So weird i don't even have that high polling rate only 500hz and i have connected only mouse and keyboard into top ports of usb 2.0 It is also strange because i have pretty low dpc latency.

empleat, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min - Similar Threads - System using CPU

2. windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU: How do I stop high system CPU usage. My old computer showed 0-5 % at Idle.Device name Warlie Processor IntelR PentiumR Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.64 GB usable Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0 Product ID 00342-20811-92675-AAOEM System...
  3. windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU: How do I stop high system CPU usage. My old computer showed 0-5 % at Idle.Device name Warlie Processor IntelR PentiumR Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.64 GB usable Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0 Product ID 00342-20811-92675-AAOEM System...
  4. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse moves erratically when not used for a few seconds on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse moves erratically when not used for a few seconds on...: Hi I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7+ with 128GB and i5 processor, I am using the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile mouse, it appears to work fine if I keep moving it around, however if I pause the movement i.e. not move the wheel or the mouse for a few seconds, then when I try...
  5. CPU spikes on foreground programs when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU spikes on foreground programs when moving mouse: Hello! when i move my mouse,(when idle my cpu is at 1%) the cpu goes up to 50%. When i have google opened and move my mouse google uses a lot of cpu and if i close it and open another app and move my mouse that app uses high cpu. I have tried: -scanning for malware -i tried...
  6. Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU: I've had my old Windows 7 AutoCAD machine lying around for a really long time in storage, and I just thought I'd drag it out and clean it up. I erased the hard drives which still had Windows 7 and some of my old school stuff on them and installed Windows 10, only to be...
  7. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.: I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I am only using one. I have tried going into msconfig, but when I try to change the boot option, it only shows one core. How...
  8. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  9. Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.: Hello recently my pc has been having this problem where any program the mouse cursor is on takes tons of CPU usage, making the pc very unusable. the programs are also using higher cpu usage than normal, how do we fix this this problem came out of no where please help!...
  10. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

CPU usage spikes when moving mouse: specs: Cpu: i7-7700 Graphics card: gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB DDR4 ram Motherboard: ASUS B250F gaming I just encountered this problem today but I cannot find any useful resolve method online for this. When I open any application and move my mouse within it, its CPU usage...