Windows 10: System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min

Discus and support System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have been having trouble finding information about this particular problem and how to diagnose and solve it. The problem is that on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VultureX, Jun 5, 2019.

1. VultureX Win User

System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min

Hi everyone!

I have been having trouble finding information about this particular problem and how to diagnose and solve it. The problem is that on Windows 10 systems the 'System' process will start using 1 cpu core fully (sometimes 2) when the mouse hasn't been moved for about 5 minutes.

I want to disable this behavior, because it's using unnecessary power when the pc is idle and it's affecting my compiling performance when I'm compiling code on all cores. I basically have to come back every 5 minutes to move the mouse so that System stops stealing CPU power.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it?

Thanks!

:)

VultureX, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Sluge1 Win User

Strange system load after ~5 min of inactivity

Hello,

On my notebook Lenovo Z701 with Windows 10 installed I noticed a strange CPU load: after 5 min of user inactivity System process loads CPU at 30%. If I move the mouse, Sysytem process stops loading CPU. Is it a normal behavior?

Sluge1, Jun 5, 2019
  3. moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

I have the exact same problem. If i move the mouse fast enough CPU usage spikes. I'm assuming its 1903 related

In fact a few processes in task manager are using an abnormal amounts of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, can any person confirm they're experiencing the same problem, high CPU usage while using the mouse on explorer.exe process

- - - Updated - - -

When the mouse isn't in use nothing. Now i can feel stutter in game. I have two monitors and can see the whole system isn't right. Any suggestion?

win10fuser, Jun 5, 2019
  4. empleat Win User

moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

Something strange happens to me i never noticed. When i do nothing i have 1% cpu usage. But when i start rapidly moving mouse, cpu usage goes up to 20% for process explorer.exe, which is indeed weird. And for system interrupts cpu usage increases from 0.1 only to 0.5 How does mouse have to do anything with explorer.exe and i am currently on 4.1ghz intel i7 3770 4 cores, disabled hyper threading. And it doesn't happen randomly tested it already couple times. So weird i don't even have that high polling rate only 500hz and i have connected only mouse and keyboard into top ports of usb 2.0 It is also strange because i have pretty low dpc latency.

empleat, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. System using 1 CPU core when mouse hasn't been moved for a few min - Similar Threads - System using CPU

2. Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.: Hello recently my pc has been having this problem where any program the mouse cursor is on takes tons of CPU usage, making the pc very unusable. the programs are also using higher cpu usage than normal, how do we fix this this problem came out of no where please help!...
  3. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  4. CPU Logical cores

CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  5. CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 to 2 mins (Old/New)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 to 2 mins (Old/New): Hello! So 3-4 months ago i had this problem CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 min or2 and then back to normal while gaming and left it there. Now i have some time to deal with it again and i want to know why i was happening since i think know what was causing the problem. After...
  6. Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard: So I am playing a game on this brand new HP Laptop I just got, and a nice one too. But I notice that, when I try and move my mouse when inputting commands via keyboard or typing the mouse is in a frozen position and cannot move. I have seen numerous "fixes" to this issue but...
  7. Minecraft Hasn't been Responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft Hasn't been Responding: Hello, I have been having a Issue with versions of minecraft within 1.8 - 1.10 (I haven't tested any of the other versions) The issue that I have been having is, whenever I load the version I always go into the main screen but then it goes Not Responding The only fix I...
  8. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

CPU usage spikes when moving mouse: specs: Cpu: i7-7700 Graphics card: gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB DDR4 ram Motherboard: ASUS B250F gaming I just encountered this problem today but I cannot find any useful resolve method online for this. When I open any application and move my mouse within it, its CPU usage...
  9. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...
  10. Why Hasn't This Feature Been Implemented Yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Hasn't This Feature Been Implemented Yet?: Please somebody tell Microsoft about this feature, even though it is no longer 'considered' as a very high priority, yet does happen from time to time on rare occasions: Explorer.exe crashes and your File Explorer windows that were open, all vanish. (All your programs stay...