Windows 10: System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

Discus and support System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop Model: HP Notebook - 15-ay009tx OS: Windows 10 I was using WD harddrive from 4 years but from past update of windows 1909 my cpu usage went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ankush Daharwal, Jan 7, 2021.

1. System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

Laptop Model: HP Notebook - 15-ay009tx

I was using WD harddrive from 4 years but from past update of windows 1909 my cpu usage went high. Its like my system.msc file using 30-40 percent of my CPU which cause high heat and battery drainage. I also brought SSD.

I replaced my harddrive with SSD and replace my CD driver with my HDD. but then also no improvement. I formatted my laptop 3 times. In the process my data got formatted while installing windows on SSD.

When I remove my HDD then cpu uses is 2-3 percent at ideal state. but as soon as i connect my HDD it just goes to 30-40 percent.

I tried many ways like changes in "services.msc" and registry but it was of no use. I still faced that issue.

Recently I formatted my HDD again not quick format but deep clean formatted my HDD but then also the problem persist.

I'm just tired because for regular use I have to remove my harddrive and then use my laptop on SSD and if i need any data then i have to connect hdd for some time.

Please help me with this problem. its been 3 months I'm facing this issue and still no use.

VM EDIT: removed phone number

:)

Ankush Daharwal, Jan 7, 2021
  2. JimFekete Win User

Why does the System process randomly start consuming 30-40% of CPU?

I'll often enter my office to the sound of my computer's fan operating at full speed. I've traced this to the System process running and consuming 30-40% of the CPU (per Task Manager). If I reboot, this behavior stops, and System consumes less than 2%
    of CPU. But eventually it happens again. Any idea why, and what I can do?

Thanks,

Jim

JimFekete, Jan 7, 2021
  3. "System compressed memory" Use 40% CPU all the time

Count me in as another in which this system and compressed memory issue taking up 40% memory regardless of the fixes listed in this and similar threads.

The bonus kicker for me is that DWM.exe (windows desktop manager) is hogging up 30-50% of the CPU on a continual basis and it leaves me with a painful experience.

On an HP ENVY with decent enough specs.

Get this fixed Microsoft or i'm turning coat and going apple

StuartShowers, Jan 7, 2021
  4. System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

1. System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk - Similar Threads - System using 40%

2. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  3. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  4. Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%: Recently I felt like the system is underperforming, checked the Task Manager and saw the Task Scheduler CPU load. In the Task Scheduler the only enabled tasks are the ones that are located within the Windows group. Is there any way to tell which task is causing this?I tried...
  5. Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%: Recently I felt like the system is underperforming, checked the Task Manager and saw the Task Scheduler CPU load. In the Task Scheduler the only enabled tasks are the ones that are located within the Windows group. Is there any way to tell which task is causing this?I tried...
  6. DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection: 1 or 2 months ago i noticed that i infected my computer with a CryptoCoinMiner. It disguised itself as a windows process, installed itself into system32 and ran it's process with a fake Windows identification.After countless Virus Removal Tool Scans none of them found that...
  7. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  8. Why does the System process randomly start consuming 30-40% of CPU?

Why does the System process randomly start consuming 30-40% of CPU?: I'll often enter my office to the sound of my computer's fan operating at full speed. I've traced this to the System process running and consuming 30-40% of the CPU per Task Manager. If I reboot, this behavior stops, and System consumes less than 2% of CPU. But eventually...
  9. System process always uses 30% CPU.

System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  10. EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU

EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU: What is EReporter.exe ? It is using 30%+ of my CPU - I just read it is something to do with Apple - I have an iPhone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ereporterexe-using-30-of-my-cpu/67ee4304-d628-43a7-b82e-1ec33fc9f6e3