Windows 10: System using disk bandwidth

Discus and support System using disk bandwidth in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this issue with every laptop ive owned, ssd or hdd. The system will suddenly start using 80-98% disk for no apparent reason, and when i go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matthewsimmons2002, Jan 3, 2019.

1. System using disk bandwidth

I have this issue with every laptop ive owned, ssd or hdd. The system will suddenly start using 80-98% disk for no apparent reason, and when i go to task manager to diagbose what the issue is, it doesnt help. Even after closing all other apps running and unessential programs, system will still use 80-98% of my disk. I have a picture of it, in this case it was "Service Host: SysMain" which is just system to my knowledge. My computer is a dell inspiron gaming 7000 series with a gtx 1050 4g, an i5 7300HQ and 8gb of ram. And a 5400 rpm hdd. System using disk bandwidth [​IMG]

:)

matthewsimmons2002, Jan 3, 2019
  2. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Jan 3, 2019
  3. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Jan 3, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

System using disk bandwidth

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

System using disk bandwidth

1. System using disk bandwidth - Similar Threads - System using disk

2. System Using 90% Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Using 90% Disk: Hi,I am a Windows 10 user!I am getting a problem of 100% Disk usage of which A task named System is using 90%.My laptop is becoming slow day by day.The only thing I am doing is being in an Online meeting with MS Teams.Any help would be appreciated.My PC Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad...
  3. System Using 90% Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Using 90% Disk: Hi,I am a Windows 10 user!I am getting a problem of 100% Disk usage of which A task named System is using 90%.My laptop is becoming slow day by day.The only thing I am doing is being in an Online meeting with MS Teams.Any help would be appreciated.My PC Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad...
  4. System Using 90% Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  6. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  7. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows system is using a lot of bandwidths

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system is using a lot of bandwidths: My windows 10 system is chowing my wifi data I have stopped, blocked, limited every app in there... But something on background is using data every time I'm on the internet. Data stats it reads "system" when I check Please help [Original Title: Windows system]...
  9. System was using bandwidth after windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System was using bandwidth after windows upgrade: I have upgraded to windows 10 1909 through windows upgrade assistant and it download an ESD file size 3.37GB. The upgrade was complete and I removed the ESD file somewhere else from where it was originally downloaded. But suddenly when I connected to the wifi it started...
  10. something using my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system using bandwidth