Windows 10: System using mass amounts of disk while gaming

Discus and support System using mass amounts of disk while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's important to understand this ONLY happens when playing system resource heavy games. Currently playing Far Cry 5. While the game is up and not in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve60946, Nov 10, 2018.

1. System using mass amounts of disk while gaming

It's important to understand this ONLY happens when playing system resource heavy games. Currently playing Far Cry 5. While the game is up and not in a menu system is using all of the disk read/write. So I opened the resource monitor built into windows 10 (which is what I'm using) according to that its the page file. This makes sense but even on an SSD drive its eating ALL of it up? Sounds like someone needs to work on polishing the page file... the point of it is to extend memory and make performance better... yeah not so much...

:)

Steve60946, Nov 10, 2018

2. $4000 Gaming System

Ok, a buddy of mine has *Rockout :rockout: $4000 *Rockout :rockout: to blow on a balls-to-the-wall gaming system.
    Minimums: Conroe, dual-graphics cards, physics accelorator, 320GB storage, 4GB RAM, liquid cooling.
    Please list your component suggestions here (list links only if you want to):

error_f0rce, Nov 10, 2018
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Nov 10, 2018
  4. System using mass amounts of disk while gaming

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

System using mass amounts of disk while gaming

1. System using mass amounts of disk while gaming - Similar Threads - System using mass

2. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  3. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  4. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my programs are using mass amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my programs are using mass amounts of CPU: so me and my friend just bought sea of thieves and tried it out. my friend didn't have any cpu problems but my game was unplayable.then we decided to play minecraft and the exact same problem occurred. i just couldn't play the game. i knew something was wrong, because...
  6. My"system" process using high disk usage while playing games

My"system" process using high disk usage while playing games: Since two or three weeks I am facing 100% disk usage while playing games.After opening games like valorant,apex legend , and many more games my pc becomes fully hang even though its gaming pc.I dont use hhd alsi uae ssd but also i am facing this annoying problem.I tried...
  7. Taskhostw.exe using high amounts of Hard Disk

Taskhostw.exe using high amounts of Hard Disk: Hello, I've begun to have an issue with my PC that I can't seem to find a fix for. Back on the 16th I updated from Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 20H2 after having some minor issues with the Microsoft Store app, these have since been fully resolved. However after installing...
  8. Process "System" uses disk while gaming / Games performance problems

Process "System" uses disk while gaming / Games performance problems: 1. Hello : Can't play games comfortably as this process runs in the background and loads my disk when I play the game. I've already tried dism / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth and scannow / sfc but problem still didn't solved. My system isnalled on HDD : 2. I have...
  9. High disk usage while playing games by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA"

High disk usage while playing games by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA": Whenever i try to play Valorant the game runs fine in the main menu, but as soon as i get into a match the disk usage by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA" goes up to 95%. This happens when i play any game be it csgo or valorant or even an old game like gta san andreas. All my drivers...
  10. System using large amount of disk while connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System using large amount of disk while connecting to the internet: halp recently system seems to begin to use a large amount of disk whenever i connect to the internet, be it when i launch chrome or connect to a lobby or match in an online game of any sort. this issue only occurs on my laptop, and not on my pc, my pc on the other hand has...