Windows 10: System very slow to startup

Discus and support System very slow to startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows 10 professional This is **NOT** a boot issue, the system boots up just fine and gets to the login screen fast. The issue is the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CaptObvious, Mar 1, 2016.

1. System very slow to startup

windows 10 professional

This is **NOT** a boot issue, the system boots up just fine and gets to the login screen fast.
    The issue is the system startup after login, it is takes a rather long time for Windows to become usable. I have tried stopping all NON windows services in msconfig, but this made barely any difference. Even after the system seems to have finished the startup, once I open the browser it then takes ages until it loads the first web page.
    If I run task manager there is nothing that is hogging the cpu or memory or disk.

I have defragged the disk, although I had to use a 3rd party tool to do this as Windows defrag refuses to do it because it thinks it is an SSD disk due to the 32GB SSD cache.

:)

CaptObvious, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

Startup very slow

Mine, although doesn't take 40 mins to startup, did increase the bootup time from 30 seconds to 2 mins +, after installing Win 10, I turned on fast startup & time back to normal - even from restart.

Time Lady, Mar 1, 2016
  3. very slow startup

I am having hp pavilion notebook pc laptop with 16GB RAM and 5th generation i7 processor. When I bought it 2 years back, everything was working pretty fine and startup was also very very fast(about max 10 sec) but since installing the windows 10 through
    update from Microsoft, my startup is taking almost 5 minutes to start my laptop every time. Please help me so that I can sort this problem.

priteshpatel92, Mar 1, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

System very slow to startup

Hi CaptObvious

So just to confirm, you've re-tested things after you disabled every (third party) program that loads when Windows loads? Did you happen to try booting in SafeMode?

b1rd, Mar 1, 2016
  5. yes of course I rebooted the system and tested after disabling everything, otherwise it would be pointless.
    The problem does not occur in safe mode, but I cannot really work in safe mode.

CaptObvious, Mar 3, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    I realize that you would have tested things, but that was my 'subtle' way of asking if you're sure that you disabled everything that's loading when Windows does. Hence the "third party" in parentheses.

I was not suggesting that you work in Safemode. The purpose was to see if the problem still exists while in Safemode, which is sounds as if it does not. This seems to indicate that you have something loading with Windows, that's causing the problem. Now whether it's something that's third party, I really don't know.

Just to confirm, that when you've tried "stopping all NON windows services in msconfig," that if you opened the Task Manger and look that the start ups, that would be completely empty?

b1rd, Mar 3, 2016
  7. I just checked again, and yes it is now doing it in safe mode as well.
    Yes I did disable all the non windows services as well.

CaptObvious, Mar 13, 2016
  8. System very slow to startup

It could be driver's issue, check for missing drivers, if it finds some, download them from their homepage.

Driver Easy Free 3,000,000+ Users Trusted Driver Updater

Try to exclude tasks by temporarily disabling Task Scheduler.
    Start - Run - regedit - find the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule

Change Start value from 2 to 4, restart. To revert back, change it back to 2.

TairikuOkami, Mar 13, 2016
  9. Are you sure this DriverEasy is safe to use, I have tried a few of these driver update tools in the past and they to cause more problems than they solve, or report drivers being out of date when they are not.
    I have gone through many drivers manually and checked for updates, and there have not been any,

I also have a very annoying problem with my USB mouse/keyboard, after booting or coming out of hibernate, it takes several minutes until they start working, this seems like it may be related to the overall slowness problem.

CaptObvious, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System very slow to startup

1. System very slow to startup - Similar Threads - System very slow

2. ethernet very slow on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet very slow on startup.: For the last year or two, whenever I turn on my PC, my Ethernet connection doesn't work properly and is incredibly slow. The only way to resolve this is by repeatedly unplugging and plugging it back in. I've tested three different Ethernet cables, and they all have the same...
  3. ethernet very slow on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet very slow on startup.: For the last year or two, whenever I turn on my PC, my Ethernet connection doesn't work properly and is incredibly slow. The only way to resolve this is by repeatedly unplugging and plugging it back in. I've tested three different Ethernet cables, and they all have the same...
  4. Computer VERY slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer VERY slow on startup: Good afternoon.When starting up my desktop it takes quite a long time for me to be able to perform the simplest of tasks. Can you please remote assist and look in to what may be causing this?Kind regards.David Charlesworth...
  5. System very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System very slow: Hi This Prabhu I am using windows 10 21H1 normal 1TB SATA Hard Disk system very slow pls tell me the solution's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-very-slow/845918ae-51c6-4a86-bbea-29642cd1f3d6
  6. very slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow startup and slow shutdown: I'm on a PC with a hard drive (no SSD) and 64-bit Win 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.1198.Up until a couple of weeks ago, it took about a minute to start up and shut down quickly, too; despite having MANY apps and programs. The last two weeks, I have very slow startup and...
  7. Very slow startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow startup.: [ATTACH] My computers startup time can be between 2 minutes and even 5 or more hours. I don't know what happens background I just see this image for all of the startup time:...
  8. Very slow startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow startup: I have officially tried everything messed with the registry stopped startup programs freed up space stopped services but windows 10 takes a while to boot up like a long time and my memory usage is at 50% when not doing anything disk is always at a 100% this happens just after...
  9. system very slow

system very slow: Hello I was using win 7 home 64 bit, everything was ok, but after upgrade to win 10 home, the laptop fan work very fast, and i feel heating under the keybord, also the system become very slow sometimes.. firefox not respondingm and its tak 20 sec to open a website, etc.....
  10. Very slow startup

Very slow startup: I have an ASUS X556UR-XX477T Notebook Intel Core i7 8GB (GeForce 930MX 2GB) 1TB with windows 10. I have tried all the procedures described on the internet but it remains with very slow startup.In running programs I also realize that it is much more slow than my dell i5 with...