Windows 10: System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?

Discus and support System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think this short video 30 seconds sums up my issue pretty well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSFQj56kU6c_P83dSAoEV049ZV9V00wS/view?usp=sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sairei_, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Sairei_ Win User

System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?

I think this short video 30 seconds sums up my issue pretty well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSFQj56kU6c_P83dSAoEV049ZV9V00wS/view?usp=sharing

Note: I am not touching any volume controls while this is happening. It's doing this all on its own. It is constant. It doesn't stop. It has rendered my computer completely useless when it comes to gaming, watching shows, or listening to music. Can't listen to audio cues or watch anything when the volume randomly goes down to zero and then all the way back up again!

This issue began roughly around 4/17/2020. It did not occur with such inane frequency until 4/20/2020. As of now it is unresolved.

I contacted support earlier and they told me updating Windows 10 should fix it. It did not.

Computer Specs:

System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically? c5a7795b-5e17-418b-a1d2-e1a694c3bd45?upload=true.png

Fixes I have tried:

- reinstalling drivers for all audio devices

- rolling drivers back to previous versions

- changing realtek drivers to 'generic windows audio drivers' or something along those lines

- uninstalling and reinstalling realtek drivers again

- uninstalling and reinstalling razer drivers again

- disabling all 'enhancements' and 'immediate' mode in all audio devices manually

- checking 'disable all enhancements' in all audio devices

- UNchecking 'disable all enhancements' in all audio devices

- switching default devices many many times

- unplugging my headset Razer Kraken Pro

- updating windows 10

- downloading/installing 'secret' realtek drivers from their support website

And I even got desperate enough to attempt

- windows system restore to a time when this wasn't an issue.

All to no avail. It is still constant. It still interrupts my games. It makes Youtube/Netflix unwatchable. I spent my only day off this week trying to fix it and I'm at the end of my rope. I've been at this for 12+ hours and I'm back to square one.

Anybody got a suggestion for a fix? I'm about ready to throw my computer out the window.

:)

Sairei_, Apr 21, 2020

2. Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Apr 21, 2020
  4. dinkymau Win User

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically? - Similar Threads - System Volume Adjusting

2. Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself: I use the Line In port on my motherboard to pass in Gaming Console audio so I can use voice chat while playing games. Recently it has significantly reduce volume have to put output to 100 to kind of hear it and will randomly revert back to the expected loudness while playing....
  3. Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself: I use the Line In port on my motherboard to pass in Gaming Console audio so I can use voice chat while playing games. Recently it has significantly reduce volume have to put output to 100 to kind of hear it and will randomly revert back to the expected loudness while playing....
  4. Microphone volume adjusts by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume adjusts by itself: I've got W10 recently updated. When speaking using either of two USB mics one on a gamer headset, the other MS camera the volume adjusts itself. At first it looked like it just increased and almost maxed out but then I saw that it would go down by itself when I spoke louder....
  5. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  6. Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.: Hello! I need help, i have searched far and wide across the sea known as the internet but i still haven't found a solution to my problem. I have disabled "allow applications to take exclusive control of my mic", updated my drivers, have reset to the old version of windows 10...
  7. System freezes erratically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freezes erratically: My laptop with windows 10 started freezing unexpectedly and it does not revert till i turn off the laptop by holding the power button. I’ve done resets multiple times and checked if there’s any hardware issues there weren’t any. Technical support have narrowed it down to a...
  8. Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself: I am desperate. I have 2 Monitors, both of them keep adjusting their Audio. I can set it to max and after playing something (Video or Game, tryed both) it keeps adjusting to a percentage the systems feels like it is necesarry to be appropriate. Problem is, it is way too...
  9. Microphone adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone adjusting itself: Hey guys, I have a trouble. My mmicrphone is lowering itself and I can't do nothing to help it. I've tried the communications tab, unmark the "Allow apps to ..." Nothing works. The only solution is RR the pc and seems i'm a streamer it's unacceptable. Can anyone help?...
  10. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c