Windows 10: System volume icon does not adjust volume

Discus and support System volume icon does not adjust volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sophie's mama, Jan 8, 2021.

1. System volume icon does not adjust volume

I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar

:)

sophie's mama, Jan 8, 2021

2. System Volume Icon

I use to have a volume icon in my tray to adjust the sound level. It disappeared. My system volume icon in Windows 7 will not go from the current OFF position to the ON position. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

PeterSpeier, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Jan 8, 2021
  4. System volume icon does not adjust volume

Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

System volume icon does not adjust volume

1. System volume icon does not adjust volume - Similar Threads - System volume icon

2. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  3. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  4. Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume: See screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjusting-master-volume-does-not-affect-app-volume/f074b1c3-d45f-4d3f-8734-6897c94f0f94
  5. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  6. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  7. Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume: I had originally set up the volume shortcuts on my Ducky One 2 keyboard and in SteelSeries Engine (for my mouse) and they worked as expected to adjust overall volume level until about two weeks ago when they started adjusting only the system sounds volume level. I didn't...
  8. System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?

System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?: I think this short video 30 seconds sums up my issue pretty well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSFQj56kU6c_P83dSAoEV049ZV9V00wS/view?usp=sharing Note: I am not touching any volume controls while this is happening. It's doing this all on its own. It is constant. It...
  9. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c