Windows 10: System volume information folder questions

Discus and support System volume information folder questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, May 20, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

System volume information folder questions

First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag?

Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which didn't work either, now I recheck the settings so the hidden files are hidden but now the system information folder is still showing, it won't go back to hidden, now what?

Thanks for and help.

:)

debgram, May 20, 2016

2. System Volume Information folder and system restore

I have windows 10 and I foolishly deleted three items from the System Volume information/system restore. These were marked by my antivirus software susceptible to hackers. Since that time I am unable to restore my system back to a previous restore point.
    I am also unable to get access to personalization of my desktop. When looking at my folders I am unable to change the view of pictures ,etc. I think I deleted some really important information from the file. My user authority. What can I do to correct
    this?

Windygayle, May 20, 2016
  3. System Volume Information folder and system restore

Seeing that the System Volume Information folder is heavily protected, you must have tried pretty hard to delete files from it. You should now run SystemPropertiesProtection.exe and disable System Protection, thus deleting all existing restore points. Next
    you re-enable System Protection and create a manual restore point.

The System Volume Information folder does not affect your desktop. Could it be that you modified things elsewhere too? Does the problem persist when logging on under a different account?

Frederik Long, May 20, 2016
Thema:

System volume information folder questions

1. System volume information folder questions - Similar Threads - System volume information

2. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  3. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  4. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system Volume Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system Volume Information: Hi Please assist Approximately 2 weeks ago,Microsoft Came into my Computer & Downloaded the Lastest Version of Windows 10 Before that downloaded the latest Version of Windows 10 I Had 1-C Drive & 1-D Drive for storage Now I Have C Drive,F Drive System Reserve + G Drive &...
  6. System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder: Hello, I wanted to move the desktop folder to another Drive from C: drive to E: drive since I have everything in the Desktop and my C: drive was running out of space. The E: drive was completely empty as I had just installed it. I moved the location of the desktop by going...
  7. System Volume Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information: I make my backups in D drive and have turned the system protection off from the control panel. I backup using the windows 7 backup and restore from the control panel . The issue that whenever I do it the System Volume Info folder in the E drive starts filling automatically....
  8. System Volume Information folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Volume Information folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]What is the System Volume Information folder in Windows 10? Is it consuming huge disk space on your system and is the size growing large? We will try to answer these questions in this post and also discuss if you [...] This post System Volume Information...
  9. System Volume Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information: Is it possible to consolidate the System Volume Information on my HDD, it is currently spread in quite a few places on my hard drive and wish to consolidate it all into one place on my HDD, Is this possible?...
  10. System volume information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System volume information: A friend of mine put my pendrive into his pc, after inserting it into pc later I found a fold named system volume information, curiously I clicked on the file in the folder and there was a pop up like command prompt,then nothing happened. After a while all my desktop apps...